• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Firefly just created the most egregious example of racist representation I've ever seen

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2024 Sep 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was testing some national stereotypes with prompts

first I've conducted experiments with AI models using prompts like 'grupo de brasileiros' (group of Brazilians) and 'grupo de brasileiros conversando' (Group of Brazilians talking). While the results were not ideal, they were not catastrophic. However, when I tried 'grupo de cubanos conversando' (group of Cubans talking), I encountered two images depicting Black men as monkeys. This is undoubtedly the most egregious example of racist bias I've encountered online.

I am not exaggerating the severity of this issue."

The images are the following. I would recomend discretion with this.

Sincerily André Holanda

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Audio and video , Imaging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 Comments
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2024 Sep 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No defending the errors being generated but perhaps try specifying "men" or "people" in your prompt.

Grupo de homens cubanos conversando seems to resolve the errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
9 hours ago 9 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Andr� Holanda  Sorry for the trouble, and thank you for your valuable feedback. It will help us improve our product. We have shared your feedback with our product team, and they will take the necessary actions. Meanwhile, please try Kevin's suggestion to achieve the desired output.

^VS

Votes

Translate

Translate