• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Human faces and humans in general deteriorating in FF 3

Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2024 Sep 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently, rendering of faces in FF seems to have gone sharply downhill, a kind of "giant leap backwards" to more primitive days.

I was testing an innocuous prompt ("Native Americans on horseback, prairie scene") and got some quite disturbing and grotesque "humans" with faces reminiscent of the earliest iterations of FF. I was interested to note that FF web app, Photoshop's Generate Image, and Generative Fill all returned heavily distorted human figures, but Generate on Adobe Stock returned images that were at least not actively offensive. Using "Art" rather than "Photo" improved results in all cases.

This is also the first time I can recall getting results that were actually disturbing to look at. I spend most of the test session giving negative feedback. FF has never been flawless rendering human figures, but I haven't seen anything quite as bad as this in a long while.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Imaging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
7 Comments
Contributor ,
Sep 16, 2024 Sep 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@AlanGilbertson Screenshot 2024-09-16 at 19.37.30.pngScreenshot 2024-09-16 at 19.36.47.png
Ya, now that you mentioned it. FF human faces have become a bit distorted. Art does seem to help. However, that seems a bit questionable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @AlanGilbertson,

The product team knows about this issue and is working on a fix. Sorry for the issue!

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, @Kevin-Monahan. This is good to know, because it impacts quite a few products at this point and MAX is racing toward us at 60 min/hr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the frustration, my friend.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2024 Sep 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kevin-Monahan A possibly related point worth passing on to the team is that jpeg artifacts have been on the rise for a couple of months. I have tests from June that show high levels of detail and only minor compression artifacts, while recent results are heavily artifacted, enough that it takes two passes through the JPEG Artifacts Removal Neural Filter to bring it to a reasonable level. This also explains the crunchy, oversharpened appearance of high frequency data in recent FF images. Here's a before-and-after from late July that shows the artifact problem clearly. The "after" is the result of two passes through the filter set to "High." Notice how even the background cleans up and appears to get lighter.
Firefly Artifact demo.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tests from June that show high levels of detail and only minor compression artifacts, while recent results are heavily artifacted, enough that it takes two passes through the JPEG Artifacts Removal Neural Filter to bring it to a reasonable level.

THIS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Recently, rendering of faces in FF seems to have gone sharply downhill, a kind of "giant leap backwards" to more primitive days.

By @AlanGilbertson

Will do that, my friend. Thanks for the feedback.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate