• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Motion line disappears after exporting

Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2024 Mar 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi... I recorded motion lines with the Ninja puppet, it shows in Character Animator when I play the recorded scene.

But after exporting video , the motion lines are totally gone.

Exporting as MP4 or MOV using Quick or Encore.  Or directly importing the Character Animator file directly into After Effects, none of the above shows the recorded motion lines.

My computer is New, Pentium Gen 14 i9 PC, 64 gigs ram.  etc ..

Please give me some suggestions to fix the problem. Really appreciate it, thank you! 🙂

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Import and export , Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
6 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am uncertain about what you mean when you say "Encore." Are you referring to Adobe Media Encoder? What steps are you taking when you choose that option? Are you recording an action with the motion lines before exporting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies, I meant encoder. Yes, the motion lines have been recorded and can be seen fine in Character Animator when playing back my model.   Everything else works fine ..  Its just, the motion lines dont seem to export along with the rest of the model.  I ended up finishing the video I was working and just left it without the motion lines (which was kind of disappointing).  
The actions I took .. well, I used the built in Ninja as a template but replaces the model with my own design .. recorded motion with my camera with the motion lines record enabled, and made effort to trigger the motion lines with my arms. That was successful. I was able to playback the character in Character Animator and it was fine.  I have been using character animator for other models but this was the first time I used the motion lines .. I assumed they would just naturally be there when I exported the file.  But they weren't. So I tried multiple ways to see if they would show up. I tried rerecording the model. I tried recording ONLY the lines ..  I tried exporting to various file types.. and even inporting the Charater Animator file directly into After Effects,  the lines still dont show up there.  Here is my finished video with the model , but without the motion lines in the final result.   Thank you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FEladwjGAo&ab_channel=AwesomeKidsSongs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure what's going on. I did my own test with the Ninja Puppet and (after making sure motionlines behavior was active) I was able to do a quick export and it recorded fine using the default settings. What version of the software are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

Motion lines and particles are very demanding on the PC and the effects may disappear when exported.

1) If you export the default ninja puppet as is, will the motion lines be recorded?

2) This is not the original solution, but if the motion lines appear correctly on the CharacterAnimator screen, why not make the background a green background and do a screen capture as is?
Then remove the background in the editing software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2024 Mar 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying.  I just started a new session and imported the default ninja .. made sure motion lines was enabled (which it is by default).  And did a short recording, and export .. and its the same problem.  No Motion lines in the MP4, but motion lines are visible on the Character Animator playback.  I'm using version 24.2, pretty new install on a new high end system I recently purchased for video creation.  Guess if it's working for you .. but not for me .. and I imagine this is a feature that normally would work by default, perhaps is some difficult to understand bug somewhere.  But if you think of a solution at some point in the future, please let me know.  For now, I will do as k_oshiro  suggested and screen record when I want the motion lines for now.  Thank you 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2024 Mar 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ya.. thank you for your response.  I just tried with the default ninja for a simple 6 second video, and same problem.  But, I will use your suggestion and screen capture for now. Thanks 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate