• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Drag and drop in photoshop fail on MacBook Pro

Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2024 Jul 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had to uninstall Photoshop Beta and revert to prievious version the Beta no longer allows me [MAC desktop] to drag and drop as a new layer to opened image files in Photoshop! Prior version works fine asd it did before.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Desktop-macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 11, 2024 Jul 11, 2024

This issue should be fixed, please update Ps beta to the most recent: Adobe Photoshop Version: 25.12.0 20240710.m.2694 9df0b92 arm64

Thanks,

Cory - Photoshop Product Manager

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
28 Comments
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2024 Jul 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola, buenos dias.

En la ultima actualización de photoshop beta no me deja arrastrar y soltar imagenes desde el escritorio de mi computadora, lo cual si podia realizar en la versión anterior. Si me pudieran ayudar, muchas gracias.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2024 Jul 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Silvia del Ca38491172xerd make sure you have your Mac OS Settings/Privacy and Security/Full Disk Access set with Photoshop first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem with v25.11 on Mac.  A colleague has the issue too (also on Mac).

Non-beta Photoshop works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe,

I've got a problem after updating the latest version of Photoshop Beta. 

I can't drag & drop images to the artboard like I usually used to.

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@alvanhafiz go to Mac System Settings/Security and Privacy/Full Disk Access and add the Beta application. Relaunch PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola, ya cambie la configuración Settings/Privacy y le di permiso Full Disk Access, pero sigo teniendo el mismo problema.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Silvia del Ca38491172xerd You gave access to Creative Cloud desktop app not Photoshop beta. Add Photoshop beta specifically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the suggestion, but still does not work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried it, and to clarify what is going on:

Nothing has changed in the latest normal public release. Drag and drop from desktop works as expected in version 25.9.1.

The build where it’s not working is the public beta, which is a test build where things are more likely to not work right, so hopefully this is only a temporary thing that will be fixed when they get the new features hammered out for a production release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I know is the Beta was working until the last beta update and it does not work on my Mac any longer. Adobe support took over my desk top and they could not get it to Drag and Drop in the beta version. I could drag and drop the day before yesterday and now it does not work on my system is all I know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2024 Jul 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating I can't drag and drop png, jpg and eps files from Finder window onto my  PSD artboards :(.

Please fix it quickly - drag and drop is the mac daddy! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is happen to me too :(, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, the team is aware of this and is working on a solution.

Thanks,

Cory - Photoshop Product Manager

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the latest itteration I'm no longer able to select media from a folder and drag and drop it into photoshop anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What type of files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola.

Ok, primero gracias por la ayuda, lamentablemente sigo sin solucionar mi problema, adjnto un video mostrando como ya le di permiso a photoshop beta a Full Disk Access, abro un documento y sigo sin poder arrastrar imagenes desde el escritorio y poderlas soltar dentro de mi documento de photohop beta.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Silvia del Ca38491172xerd @Ares Hovhannesyan these posts have been merged. This is a known issue the team is working on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Version of the app - 25.11 m.2689
  2. Platform and OS version - Sonoma 14.5
  3. Basic steps to reproduce the problem - dragging an image from finder into photoshop
  4. Expected result and actual result - expected to drag the image into my artboard, actual doesn't drop in, it just bounces back to finder (the same thing that happens when you haven't commited an object transform and try to drop an image in)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the past, I was able to drag a file (.jpg, .png, etc.) from the finder window into an open .psd file and it would create a new layer with a smart object. As of today (7/10/24) I am unable to drag the file in. Nothing happens when I do. No error message shows up and the file never gets added to the document. I have had to go back to the regular version of Photoshop to work as I do this with most projects. I hope this can be fixed. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i had used Photoshop CC Beta since last year and never encountered any problem before. But just yesterday i noticed when doing my work that i can't drag and drop any other files/photo directly to opened file/place embedded file into smart object directly like i used to do. So i had to do manual step by step progress with file > place embedded right now and it's not practice at all like how i used to do it. Can you help me about this bug? I just updated to latest version yesterday(automatically updated) and this might the cause for this bug problem. Tried to update my OS but nothing change regarding this problem. Here's the detail of my current app:

1. Adobe Photoshop CC Beta 25.11.0

2. MacOS Sonoma 14.5

3. Drag image from finder to any opened files in Photoshop to create new layer of embedded image as smart object

4. Added embedded image as smart object in foremost layer in the opened files, but now nothing happen unless i drag it to the opened file bar then become "open file" feature and drag it as place between opened file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2024 Jul 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

O recurso arrastar e soltar não está a funcionar na última versão beta. Buscar uma imagem no finder, clicar e arrastar para dentro do programa.

! Uso imac "M2".

! O photoshop oficial,  o recurso ainda funciona,

! No Beta funcionava até a ultima a atualização

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

right after uppdating to the last version, 

i can't drag and drop photos right from the finder (mac) into photoshop (beta) on a layer.

photoshop (beta) 25.11.0

macbook air M2 2022 16 GB
sonoma 14.5 (23F79)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you but I've never had to before. Seems Adobe knows this is an issue and is working on it without having to give full access. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the 25.11 version can't drag image to canvas

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,