• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Enhance Speech (Beta Feature) - Audio Rendering Bug

Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2023 Sep 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off, the new 'Enhance Speech' feature is very effective! It cleans up my audio in one click - better than I could do myself in Essential Sound. 

However, there is a common glitch I am running in to. When trimming clips for a piece-to-camera I'm working on, random parts of the interview start playing where I have made cuts. I assumed this was a render file/media cache issue so I've tried clearing it, restarting Premiere, restarting my machine. It is definitely related to Enhance Speech; when I delete it off the clip, the problem goes away. Great! I thought I could re-add the Enhance Speech effect, but the problem returns. 

The first time I had this problem, I managed to find a workaround (I think by dragging the clip back into the timeline from source, re-applying Enhance Speech). However it is a stubborn little bug and I can't seem to replicate an easy fix.

Also, in general, there is a bit too much render time with this feature - every time I trim a frame or two off a clip that has already been rendered, it requires additional rendering to be able to play back my edit. I'm sure this will improve with time!

Anyway I hope I explained it okay - looking forward to using this great feature in all it's glory.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Bug , Error , Feature request , Feedback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
9 Comments
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2023 Oct 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a solution, but I wanted to mention that this is a big delay for me as well.  We are using this for podcasts that are 20 minutes long and with the required files needing to be rendered for playback while editing, it basically makes it unusable for me. 

The effect is great, but something needs to be done with the speed of render times.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2023 Oct 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. Anyone found a solution to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With enhanced speech, I find that the rendered audio does not approach anything close to what it sounds like from within the application.  It is often very faint.  My solution is not to use it ;(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2024 Feb 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Enhance speech It's driving me crazy.  Every time I do anything, it has to re-enhance/re-render.  It happens when you make any cuts.  It also happens every time you reopen the project.
As a workaround, I decided to do the Enhance Speech for entire interview clips in a sequence/sub-sequence for each clip first, then work with sequences/sub-sequences inside Editing Sequences instead of cutting directly with the clips.   That fixed the issue of having to re-enhance with every cut.  The problem with the workaround is that Premiere re-enhances everything every time I re-open the project and/or every time I re-open a sequence.   So, I can't start working until I have reopened every sequence where I had applied the enhancement and then wait for everything to be re-enhanced.

Adobe, please, there has to be a better way to store the enhancement.
And, what seems to be very ironic is that if you don't like the result of the enhancement and try to re-enhance after having either de-click on the Enhance button or click on the Clear Audio Type button on Essential Audio, you will notice that that the re-enhance is done almost automatically, which means Adobe brings back the previous enhancement instead of re-enhancing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2024 Feb 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only viable solution now is to Export all sequences I had created for applying the speech enhancement and import them as my new source clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

having the same problem – now also with the non-beta-version, where enhance speech is also available. anybody find a workaround/fix other then reapplying the effect all the time over and over until it works, and that every time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What the hell are they waiting for to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2024 Apr 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am also having this issue. It worked great for the first few clips I used, so I tried it on all of them, had a long wait time and then when I started editing again, there is random audio from another clip sitting atop the actual audio. Had to remove Enhance and it went away, but what a timesuck, and I'm not an audio aficionado, when it works, Enhance is way better than me. Hope they fix it soon. Unfortunate. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Resources