• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Alt Key Drop Down Manipulation Stuck

Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2024 Mar 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ive realised something about premiere pro beta. 
For some reason when you Press alt. the top left of the screen opens up mode where the keyboard keys now effect the file, edit, clip, sequence, markers, graphics and titles, view, window and help

so alt and c will open the clip dropdown

this is good and all but in the newest version alt seems to toggle this feature rather than enable on down and disable on up. meaning if i press alt. im now stuck in this mode until i press alt again or click the mouse button.

ive attached a video and in this video you can see when i let go of alt. the little lines under the tabs are still present

Bug Unresolved

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
10 Comments
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

further research showed this was a windows feature but this windows feature still causes the program to think the timeline is no longer selected. meaning that zooming is disabled. all mouse wheel commands become disabled

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update 2: An AHK Script was written to fix this, 

the ahk script simply sends an unbound windows key after alt is pressed to cancel out the drop down selection instantly. this fixed the focus issues with premiere's timeline.

there must just be a slight bit of code within premiere pro beta that causes the timeline to be "unfocused" when the alt window is activated. that wasnt there in previous releases of premiere pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is the way the regular versions has always worked. It is the reason Windows does not handle many Alt shortcuts. The last time it was discussed I did not see a suggestion that made this easy.

AHK script, hmmm.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Stan Jones the issue for me wouldnt be the actual function its just the fact that in 2024 stable, the alt key does the same thing BUT premiere still understands that i have the timeline panel active. so scrolling still scrolls on the timeline
but in the beta this seems different

so in 2024 stable this is what happens
Alt Pressed -> Window Manipulation Activates -> Timeline Page Still Active Despite this -> Scrolling works no matter what

2024 beta you get this
Alt Pressed -> Window Manipulation Activates -> Timeline NOW UNFOCUSED -> Theirfor scrolling doesnt work

so the feature its self is fine. i dont mind it. its just theres some weird back end code causing the panel focusing to be shifted off once the window manipulation feature is active within windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that clarification. I understand the difference and importance.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2024 Mar 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed this too. It definitely doesn't happen in the stable version -- this bug has led to me accidentally closing Premiere Pro a few times while zooming and cutting on the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Inferior01 Until this is fixed by adobe the only thing you can do is use ahk to cancel out the alt menu.

its a simple code that goes as so : 

~LAlt::{
        Sendinput "{Blind}{sc0E9}"
        KeyWait "LAlt"
        Sendinput "{Blind}{sc0EA}"
    }

all this does is adds an extra invisable keystroke when alt is pressed reingageing the original state of the program without the drop menu

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this issue for a few days, too. The ahk script fixes it, but it has to be addressed in a future beta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Alt Pressed -> Window Manipulation Activates -> Timeline NOW UNFOCUSED -> Therefore scrolling doesnt work

I took another look at this. I am in Beta 24.4.0.28 and Release 24.2.1.

I'm not sure how you are using Focus. I consider focus the panel with the blue box around it. Some operations (e.g. Alt+zoom while hovering over the timeline header area) work whether the panel has focus or not. And under some conditions (which I do not understand), the hover is not enough.

I don't know whether it is part of the issue or not, but they are changing the Program Monitor zoom behavior in the Beta. I do not see a link to a post about it, but the changes list shows this:

• Improved Zoom and Pan behaviour for Monitor view. IN DEVELOPMENT
    Now you can smoothly zoom into the Monitor using the scroll wheel of your mouse, and quickly pan around the Monitor by holding the middle mouse button and dragging.

In 24.2.1 Alt+scroll moves the CTI. Now Alt+scroll or Shft+scroll zooms in the Monitors.

My pet peeve is more the keyboard shortcuts, such as Alt+M, defined in the default set. It works, but pops up the Alt menu option that must be dismissed.

@Kevin-Monahan Can you pass on to someone on the relevant team? Is there a post about the "Improved Zoom and Pan behaviour for Monitor view"? And can they comment about the Windows Alt issues?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2024 Apr 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I created a script with a simple command to replace left alt by pressing right alt. and everything works.

try this 

LAlt::RAlt

All you have to do is install AHK create a file on your desktop and paste the line there and run it. keep in mind that the combination of switching languages can break. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Resources