• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Canon 24-240 lens profile v3

Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2024 Aug 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the latest Lightroom Classic release version 13.5 there is a new lens profile (v3) for the Canon 24-240 lens. It has reintroduced the "bad borders" bug. Workaround is simply to select the older v2 profile.Screenshot 2024-08-15 083421.png

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
50 Comments
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2024 Aug 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have lately a problem with some RAW pictures from my Canon EOS R with lens 24-240. The raw pictures have on both sides color stripes in an area that in the JPG pictures don't exist. This picture is an sreen cutting of the stripes on one side. 

Schermafbeelding 2024-08-16 162513.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The just released Camera Raw 16.5 includes a fix

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/fixed-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have ACR 16.5 and the problem still exists.  I believe the 16.5 fix was for the 24-105L lens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2024 Aug 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe have already been advised of the bug with the profile and a formal bug report submitted. 

> I believe the 16.5 fix was for the 24-105L lens.

The new v3 profile for the 24-240mm fixed a corner shading issue at wide angle end. The issue shown in above screenshots tends to occur at around 50mm and longer. As indicated in the original post at top of thread,  the v2 profile does not exhibit the edge streaking issue and is probably the better option for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2024 Aug 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I could file a bug, but so far I failed to find out how to file a bug with Adobe these days.

In Lightroom Classic with the lens profile for 24-240 RF selected the edges of every image are garbled. When I disable the lens profile and adjust some fetaures manually (e.g. vigneting) the image is correct.

How to report ths to Adobe?  I am not sure if only that one lens is impacted, and if other have already reported this issue.
Edges of the image are garbled.Edges of the image are garbled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

20240819_200411.jpg20240819_201021.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post your System Information as Lightroom Classic (LrC) reports it. In LrC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Paste that information into a reply. Please present all information from first line down to and including Plug-in Info. Info after Plug-in info can be cut out as that is just so much dead space to us non-Techs and it takes up vast amounts of scroll space making the reply less readable and less likely that others will bother with your post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S. And this is not about your image problem, but may be about LrC performance. Both LrC and Google Chrome are resource hogs (unless Google finally actually fixed that). In the case of Google, with each tab opened it may get worse. It looks like you have that exact issue in play. You may want to consider not running Google Chrome when running LrC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 20, 2024 Aug 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please give us useful information. What version of LrC (do not say "latest" or "up-to-date", we need the version number)? What camera took these photos? What is your GPU? What is the GPU driver version NUMBER (do not say "latest" or "up-to-date", we need the version number).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is due to a faulty lens profiles. Select the v2 profile rather than the new v3 profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If using a Canon RF 24-240mm lens, then the issue displayed in your screenshots is a bug. The workaround is to select the v2 lens profile rather than the new deafult v3, which shipped with LrC 13.5. More info at:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw-bugs/p-canon-24-240-lens-profile-v3/idc-p/14810716#M5737

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I select v2 profile in Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Lightroom Classic

First you need to ensure that you have an image Canon RF 24-240mm lens selected in Lightroom Classic.  You then need to open the 'Lens Corrections' panel. Next, select the 'Profile' drop down menu. You'll see three profile options listed. Select the profile identified as v2 as shown in attached screenshot.

v2-lrc.png

Using Camera Raw

First you need to ensure that you have an image Canon RF 24-240mm lens open in Camera Raw.  You then need to open the 'Optics' panel. Next, select the 'Profile' drop down menu. You'll see three profile options listed. Select the profile identified as v2 as shown in attached screenshot.

v2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2024 Aug 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect, thanks.
Can that be applied automatically to very image in the catalog?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2024 Aug 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After importing my RAW images to lightroom yesterday I noticed that quite alot of them had a corruped edge added on all around the images which look like streaky vertical lines on the top and bottom edges and streaky lines on the left and right edges.  The images both RAW and JPEG look fine on Windows Explorer. I'd like to re-import those corruped ones but can't. See the original jpeg and the exported jpeg of one of the images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2024 Aug 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a Canon 24-240 mm lens?

If so, use a version 2 lens profile instead of version 3, the version 2 profile is buggy.

Edit: It's of course the version 3 profile that's buggy.

See https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw-bugs/p-canon-24-240-lens-profile-v3/idc-p/14811923#M5745

Also note that the Windows file explorer cannot display raw files, so it displays the jpg embedded in the raw files.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2024 Aug 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Per Berntsen 

the version 2 profile is buggy.

It's the version 3 profile that's buggy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for spotting that, I've edited my post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

En la R6 mark ii con objetivo canon serie R. Las fotos el Lightroom en los laterals empasta las imagenes, como si estuvieran movidas y desenfocadas. Sin embargo los Raw estan bien.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the R6 mark ii with a Canon R series lens. The photos in Lightroom on the sides blend the images, as if they were shaky and out of focus. However, Raw is fine.

By @Jose2848207309ld

Are you using the 24-200 mm lens?

Use the version 2 lens profile instead of version 3.

See https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/many-many-images-have-corruped-edge-all...

and https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw-bugs/p-canon-24-240-lens-profile-v3/idc-p/14811923#M5745

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GRACIAS

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2024 Aug 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can even use the version 3 profile within its limits if you find that it improves on version 2 in some aspect.

The bug in the version 3 profile doesn't remove anything from the edges, the bad borders is because it's showing an area outside the original image data.

You can just crop the image to remove the borders, just like the profile was supposed to do. The only drawback is that you get slightly smaller image dimensions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2024 Sep 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have thi same problem with the latest version V3 for the Rf 24 240mm Lens , so I just reverted to V2, but it was boggling to find out what was the cause , since I have this lens just a few months ago !

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same bug. Cropping the image produces an image which is tad wider than the one that Canon Digital Professional Shows.

LR profiles v2 and v1 show a tad wider image than the one shown by v3 after cropping off the stripes.

For now, I am using v2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also. for me, the LR 24-240 profiles show more image than I see in the viewfinder.

I wish they fixed it 'cause I am composing with the zoom and I don't want to do extra cropping.

Correct me if I  am wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate