• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Lens Correction Profile for Canon RF24-240 exhibits edge artifacts.

LEGEND ,
Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update introduced, and set as default, a version 2 lens correction profile for the Canon RF24-240 lens which causes the Raw image to display incorrectly by showing an area outside that of the matching camera Jpeg which is  blurred and distorted (I have only found this for images shot at zooms of 38mm upwards).  This region can of course be cropped out as it is not part of the intended image.  Reversion to the previous profile removes the problem.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Greetings,

The Max 2021 Photography products updates have been released and include remedies for this topic.  The updates will be rolling out worldwide, October 26 and 27, 2021. If you do not see the updates in your Creative Cloud Desktop app, you can refresh the apps to see if the updates are available in your region.  The keyboard shortcut to refresh is [Cmd/Ctrl] + [Opt/Alt] + [ R ]. 

Note: iOS and Android updates may take up to a week to appear in your App Store.

Thank you for your pat

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Thanks for the help.  The problem was caused by the V2 lens profile for the Canon RF24-240.  By using the original version of the profile everything was fine. Doing a mass change was easy in LR.  I selected all the photos taken with the RF24-240 lens, then in develop module with "auto sync" enabled I choose the original lens profile and auto sync updated all the images.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

If using a Canon RF 24-240mm F4 lens, then this is a known issue with the V2 lens profile. The fix, at present, is to use the original lens profile. See attached screenshot.

Untitled-1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 147 Replies 147
147 Comments
LEGEND ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure I fully understand. You have two profiles, one works fine, the other doesn't right? 

So what is the issue using the one you feel works 'right'? 

Is it possible there are two 'flavors' of this lens and one needs to use one or the other profile? 

Author ā€œColor Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have had earlier no reason to change lens profiles. Now that v2-version is default profile and itĀ“s wery irritating open picture on Bridge when it use that wrong profile. Ofcourse i can change it on Camera Raw but profile shoud not be working like this. I have laptop and a desktop computers and both start working same way today. I am sure that this is driver problen on software itself.

It would had been nice to know from where that v2-ending came from!

I will wait fixing software update. And if you have any fixing ideas i am very please to hear it.

I will attach two pictures from that issue.

Brg Aki

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-25 at 17.16.33.jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-08-25 at 17.16.33 (1).jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change the profile default. Make a preset.

Again, IF one works, use that. Simple. 

Author ā€œColor Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help!

I saved in Camera Raw working profile as a new lens profile default.

ItĀ“s always time to learn something new.šŸ˜€

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the latest update to Camera Raw 13.4.0 several images are showing a strange glitch around the edges, Canon R6 CR3 files.  Not all images are impacted but it is repeatable in any Adobe product that uses Camera Raw.  Image opens fine in other softawre that doesn't use Camera Raw.   It occurs with or whthout using the GPU.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, try disabling GPU in the preferences (Preformance tab). Any better?
If not, recalibrate and build a new ICC display profile, the old one might be corrupted.
If you are using software/hardware for this task, be sure the software is set to build a matrix not LUT profile, Version 2 not Version 4 profile.
Some have reported color issues with displays that have an HDR option. Open Display Settings and toggle off the "Use HDR" switch if such an option exists.
If turning OFF GPU works, it's a GPU bug and you need to contact the manufacturer or find out if there's an updated driver for it. 
Also see: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/acr-gpu-faq.html

What lens profile is being used? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zdjęcia po imporcie do LR na krawędziach są rozmazane. Już myślałem że to jakiś problem z aparatem ale te same zdjęcia otwarte w bezpośrednio w systemie Windows czy Mac są poprawne. Aparat Canon R6, LR w wersji 10.4 Camera Raw 13.4  Jakieś pomysły co mam gdzieś Åŗle ustawione. Dodam że problem występuje zarĆ³wno w Win jak i Macu.
image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The right side of the screen capture appeals as if the RAW file that was imported is corrupted, this is usually a hardware problem, card reader, USB cable, RAM, HDD etc.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27ā€ mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are these images RAW or Raster?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pliki RAW

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ale wtedy chyba byłyby Åŗle widocznie wszędzie, to znaczy nie tylko w LR ale też w innych programach. Tymczasem przeglądarka systemowa zdjęć wyświetla je w poprawny sposĆ³b.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2021 Aug 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The System Browser will display the embedded jpeg, the RAW data is corrupt that is what is displayed in Lightroom.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27ā€ mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then the RAW data is corrupt, or the equipment used to transfer the RAW data from the SD card to the computer is failing.

Possibilities:

• SD card damaged
  • Camera damaged
  • SD card reader damaged
  • USB cable between SD card reader and computer damaged.
  • Hard drive damaged
  • Bad RAM

Some diagnostics steps to take

• Use a different SD card
  • Use a different SD card reader
  • Use a different USB cable
  • Import to a different hard drive

And about other software, other hardware being able to view the images correct

• Operating Systems File Managers will display the embedded JPEG, not the RAW
  • The display on the camera will display the embedded JPEG not the RAW
  • I assume that you have Photoshop, the Adobe Camera RAW plugin that Photoshop uses, will attempt to covert the RAW to a raster format that will display in Photoshop. Same issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One question that was not asked. And this might not point to the solution, but should be asked.

How are you (physically) importing the photos

• Removing SD card from camera, and inserting into a external SD card reader
  • Removing SD card from camera, and inserting into a internal SD card reader
  • Keeping SD card in camera, connecting camera to computer via USB cable (not recommended)
  • Keeping SD card in camera, connecting camera to computer via WiFi (highly not recommended)

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks like a lens profile issue reported at the below link. What lens are you using? If the Canon 24-240mm lens try changing the Lens Profile setting to the v1 version or simply uncheck Enable Lens Profile Corrections in the Lens Corrections panel. At the link I providd it's marked as In Progress so Adobe is working on a fix.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-update-18-aug-lens-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dziękuję wszystkim za rady. Ostatnia okazała się kluczowa. To problem z obiektywem. Okazało się, że domyślnie we wszystkich zdjęciach miałem zaznaczoną domyślnie korekcję obiektywu Canon RF 24-240 mm. Zmiana na ver.1 zlikwidowała problem šŸ˜‰

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope you don't mind me picking up the thread as I've been experiencing the same.  

I think it's related to what seems to be a new default lens profile for the Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM profile "V2" as in the screenshot from my Mac & LRC using Camera RAW 13.4.  I've included crops of the bottom left corner of an R6 CR3 photo converted using the original profile and the new default V2.  In the full photo the artefacts are visible on the left, right and bottom edges, top is fine.  I tried turning off GPU and it made no difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just seen there is a separate post https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw/canon-rf-24-240mm-f4-6-3-is-usm-lens-profile-problem/m-p/1... which deals with this issue so redirecting there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Aki Lausala wrote:

I saved in Camera Raw working profile as a new lens profile default.

I have the same problem but I haven't been able to solve it.  Can you share how you did this please?  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a Canon Rp with the same lens you're running and I'm getting the same issue, it's just after this pesky update. The solution seems to be that profile setting so thank you for highlighting this as I was going mad thinking my camera is knackered.

I realised it wasn't the camera as when you preview the image in the camera there's no banding around the edge etc!

Can we forward this stuff to Adobe to fix? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear I am not the only one with the problem but I am sorry you have it too.  I just made a preset and force LR to use the non-v.2 version of the lens in profiles.  No problems since then.  I have no idea if you can get Adobe to fix the issue as there are only the two of us with the problem.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that several members have had similar problems, mostly on Canon Mirrorless, at least one Sony. It appears a bug exists.

Common amongst them is a lens profile is being applied without user intervention, what appears like RAW corruption shows up.

One solution, this was on a Sony, was to move the particular lens profile so that LrC could bot use it.

I see the above member created a preset and used it instead of the Adobe one.

Interestingly, one Canon user, had the issue but for just one lens.

some links:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/dziwna-quot-otoczka-quot-wokĆ³Å‚-importowanych-zdjęć/...

hmm, trouble finding other postings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Lightroom Classic has been updated to 13.4 but now I find my raw files .CR3 files are showing a boarder of streaked colour (top and bottom are Vertical, either side are horizontal). Didn't happen before the update and if I go back to an image taken and imported before the update it doesn't have this border.  Funnily enough one image in the set of 18 i imported taten in the same session doesn't have the border.  I shoot in RAW and JPEG and none of the JPEG images have this border.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are these new imports showing up in the develop module with a lens correction (in lens correction panel) despite no such mod by you? ( and no lens correction in history panel)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.  I am using a Canon EOS R5 and RF 24-240, both with latest firmware updates.  It's definitely a Ligtroom problem because the lines are not then when you view the files in Windows Photos or on the back of the camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate