• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Lens Profile Canon RF16MM 2.8 STM Edge Distortion

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The profile for the Canon RF16mm 2.8 STM was created with an error. The very edges of the frames are bent. At the same time, JPG from the camera and conversion through DPP completely corrects these distortions. This lens has mustache distortion. I am an architectural and interior photographer and I see it right away. Please make corrections!

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Greetings all, 

Updates for Adobe Photography products began rolling out Monday night, December 12th,  The updates contain a fix for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience. 

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
9 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

Would it be possible for you to supply the original of this file from which you created the JPEG? 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CR3 not supported. Upload cloud ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In short, there is the usual distortion, and there is in the form of a wave or mustache. When the general distortion correction adds additional distortion to the very edges of the frame. I've read that Adobe has profile software, but it doesn't work on the latest version of the Mac OS. Overall, the profile corrects the distortion - but the straight lines at the corners don't go correctly. You can see it on the raw file. On the facade tiles. They are straight in the camera JPG and yet the angle of view is less than Adobe's in Lightroom/ACR. Not yet fully suppressed chromatic aberrations in the corners like in camera. I know that in the profile settings through the software this can be done non-linearly. Strengthen the correction to the edges.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to access this file. Please, make certain it is downloadable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have problem with downloading- contact me and i send this cr3 file on your e-mail

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings all, 

Updates for Adobe Photography products began rolling out Monday night, December 12th,  The updates contain a fix for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience. 

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeaa!!! Now 1:1 Camera JPG Angle. Old profile give wider angle 14-15mm. New profile give 16mm native angle. 

Votes

Translate

Translate