• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Lost Windows Vista 64bit taskbar after upgrade to Camera Raw 6.4

LEGEND ,
Oct 03, 2011 Oct 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After upgrading to Camera Raw 6.4, when I have it open I cannot view my windows taskbar. I have "Keep the taskbar on top of other windows" checked under Taskbar and start menu properties dialog box. With the earlier version of Camera Raw I was able to toggle between various applications using the taskbar while camera raw was open.

Please advice.

Thanks.

Bug Won't fix
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 25, 2011 Oct 25, 2011
I've talked with the Camera Raw engineers. The change where Camera Raw 6.5 forces full screen mode and removes the UI (button and F key) for fullscreen mode was intentional to fix other bugs with Camera Raw and small screen usage. Previously, Camera Raw could come up with some of its UI obscured by the OS X dock or Windows Taskbar on small screens, which also generated many bug reports from users.

We realize that some users are confused and/or unhappy with this intentional change – and the Came...

Votes

Translate

Translate
43 Comments
Oct 03, 2011 Oct 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using photoshop or photoshop elements?

The latest version of camera raw is 6.5, so you might try that and see if things change. Help>Update from within photoshop/photoshop elements or bridge should find the 6.5 camera raw update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 04, 2011 Oct 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop CS5 extended, and the camera raw version is: 6.5.0.216

and the problem persists.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2011 Oct 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds to me like the Camera Raw dialog is in full screen mode. Can you toggle it off and see if that works?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 05, 2011 Oct 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply Jeffery, but that icon is missing!

I "Reset Camera Raw Defaults" and the icon still does not appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try pressing the F key when your inside camera raw. That's the shortcut for that icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know, but didn't work.

However, the shortcut for preview button works.

other things lost:

1. downloaded user lens profiles (author "Spike") for 80-200mm f/2.8 (3 profiles @ 80mm, 135mm, and 200mm), they no longer appear under lens profile corrections.

2. when a file has been appended and saved via camera raw, in filmstripe view earlier there used to be a small icon designating that the file have been cropped, and another icon for when any other adjustment has been made. Both of this icons no longer appear above appended files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screen shot of your entire screen when you have the Camera Raw dialog open?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a "prtsc" print screen of camera raw when open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try resetting the Camera Raw Preferences by selecting File>Open... and selecting and raw file and holding down the ctrl + alt + shift keys. You should get this dialog:

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeffrey.

1. I closed all adobe applications.
2. In windows explorer I right clicked and opened a raw file.
3. While I had the splashlogo I held down shift+alt+ctrl, and I did get the "Delete Camera Raw Preferences?" dialog box minus the pse logo. (screenshot attached)
4. On clicking yes Camera Raw loaded the raw image without any change, just like the screen shot uploaded in the previous response above.
5. And the "F" shortcut does not work.

I also tried it with right click/open from within bridge, and then shift+alt+ctrl got the dialog box, on affirmation got the same results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 07, 2011 Oct 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have PSE 9 and just updated to Camera Raw 6.5 and I am having the same problem. Camera Raw opens in full screen and the icon to toggle full screen is not there and using (F) does not work. I tried following the instructions posted by Jeffery, but that does not work either. I have 64 bit Windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you right click on the pse shortcut and choose Run as Adminstrator, does that make any difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately there is no difference when I choose Run as Administrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Oct 08, 2011 Oct 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To me this seems to be a screen resolution problem. If i set my screen resolution to 1360x768 then i get the same thing in camera 6.5, but camera raw 6.2 is fine at that resolution.

Are you able to set your screen resolution higher than it is set now?

Screen resolution of 1360x768 Camera raw 6.5 Cs5 on Vista x64:

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may be right on this, 1360x768 is what my resolution is set at unfortunately it cannot go any higher. (lowering the res does not make any difference to the problem)

Does this mean the problem remains unresolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My resolution is set at 1366x768 which is what is recommended for my screen. That is as high as I can go as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 09, 2011 Oct 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Adobe doing anything about this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 10, 2011 Oct 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem. It is driving me round the bend. Any help would be appreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem with the latest version of Adobe Camera Raw (6.5.0.216). When I open a RAW image from Bridge or Photoshop, ACR opens in, for want of a better description, full-screen mode. I can’t see the Photoshop window behind it and, most importantly, I can’t see my Windows Taskbar at the bottom of the screen. This did NOT happen before the 6.5.0.216 update. Though ACR filled most of the screen, I was able to see the Windows Taskbar and the control at the bottom right-hand corner of the ACR window that allows the window to be re-sized.

The problem is to do with the screen resolution. I use a 16” CRT monitor, set to 1024 x 768 resolution. If I change the resolution to 1152 x 864, ACR does not fill the screen and I can see the Windows Taskbar; however, at that resolution all fonts, in any application (but especially Photoshop) are far too small for me to read.

How do I re-size the ACR screen? None of the keyboard commands work. If isn’t possible to fix this problem, how do I uninstall the latest ACR update?

My OS is Win XP Pro, SP3 and Photoshop CS5 Extended V12.0.4.32.

Here is a screen shots of my screen at the my normal resolution.

Here is how it looks at 1152 x 864 resolution:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're aware of this issue and investigating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 19, 2011 Oct 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really hoping that there is a solution soon. Or, a way to revert to the old version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 19, 2011 Oct 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So how is the investigation going?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 25, 2011 Oct 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this?

This limitation is hampering my multitasking ability, and hence work.

Please a progress report would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've talked with the Camera Raw engineers. The change where Camera Raw 6.5 forces full screen mode and removes the UI (button and F key) for fullscreen mode was intentional to fix other bugs with Camera Raw and small screen usage. Previously, Camera Raw could come up with some of its UI obscured by the OS X dock or Windows Taskbar on small screens, which also generated many bug reports from users.

We realize that some users are confused and/or unhappy with this intentional change – and the Camera Raw team is of course willing to consider usability improvements here but we'd like to have a better understanding of the frustration.

We're guessing the primary frustration occurs when something is needed from the taskbar or dock.

If that's the case, how many of you use the shortcut cmd-tab (Mac) or alt-tab (Windows) to go back to the system UI (OS X Dock and Windows Taskbar) when you need to access to them?

Does knowing this shortcut help with gaining access to the OS X Dock and Windows Taskbar while Camera Raw is open?

Are there other problems besides access to the Dock and Windows Taskbar?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me on windows the Alt-tab key doesn't work. I have to use the Windows key to bring up the the taskbar and start menu.

Even though i don't have the problem because i can run a much higher resolution, i have noticed that this only seems to be a problem at a screen resolution of around 1366x768 or 1024x768. If i set an even lower resolution of say 1280x720, then the camera dialog is normal as below, but 1024x768 does result in the fullscreen button missing.

I guess other users might see different results than i.

Added: I should say the alt-tab works with windows 7 and vista, but not on windows
xp which is os i was working on at the time of the above screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate