• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Retouch circle automatically becomes smaller

Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2023 Jun 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I have updated to Lightroom Classic 12.4, the retouch circle automatically becomes smaller every time I use it in the same picture. For example, I put the width of the circle on 20 and use it, then I go to another spot in the picture to use the same tool and automatically LR has changed the width to 19. Then to 18, 17, 16 and so on. Anyone having the same problem? This looks like a bug?

Thank you for any comments.

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jul 01, 2023 Jul 01, 2023

Cross-referencing to existing bug

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
40 Comments
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2024 Jan 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi...  Reporting a bug.

In Adobe Camera RAW and in the Healing - Clone Mode,  the Healing Tool Icon - Pointer gets smaller as you click the mouse (Its a circle).

The size reduces by 1 pixel at a time. until it reaches 1.

Noting that this happens AFTER you have manipulated the Geometry of the image via the Geometry Panel. The ICON should NOT get smaller.

If I manipulate the other panels such as Light, Color etc the icon stays the same size when in the Healing Mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2024 Feb 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a fantastic illustration. Brilliant!

Not only is the bug driving me a bit nuts, but I've also noticed a severe performance hitn when using the healing brush tool on a image with lots of dust to spot. I mean it slows the system (Apple Studio - updated OS and LR Classic version) to a crazy degree. I'll probably start a new topic on it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2024 Mar 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I have noticed that the diameter of the spot removal tool decreses in size automatically after each click. This is happening on both mine and my girl friends instances of lightroom classic.

You can see in the attached recording after each click the size goes down by 1 or 2 points.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2024 Mar 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe this has been a known bug for a long time (can't find the report, however). I have no idea why this is still not fixed.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2024 Mar 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a old bug and really annoying since I use this tool every day. It can't be difficult to fix if they cared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2024 Mar 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will this bug get fixed.  It is very annoying!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if it helps Adobe prioritise this but it has been irritating me for some time too. Making long exposures on the beach,  seaspray lands and condenses on the glass filter, with many spots to heal , some attention to sorting out known errors, rather than developing new ideas would be appreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The way I understand it is that for a long time Adobe could not reproduce this problem. Now it has become clear that it only occurs when the image has been transformed -either by the Upright tools or by a lens profile- it should hopefully not take that long anymore for a fix.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2024 Mar 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HOW IS THIS NOT FIXED?!?

The clone/heal tool is the single most used tool for most photographers.  I use it on nearly 100% of the 100's of photos I shoot daily.  Embarassing that this is not fixed.  Stop adding handfuls of new (and buggy) features and fix the existing bugs.  I thought this was the preeminent editing software - PFTT!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2024 Mar 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose if you are a software engineer/developer working on new projects is a better way to develop and enhance your career, however  I find it hard to imagine that someone isn't  tasked to quality control the overall offering. Come on Adobe have some pride in your product and sort out problems that you have been aware of for an unacceptably long time without paying proper attention to your failings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2024 Mar 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just started getting this issue today (31 March 2024), but mine either goes bigger or smaller, Keyboard and mouse are in working order too, no issues with either

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2024 Apr 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just started having this issue as well, very frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2024 Apr 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, For clarification, has your image been transformed as well? (lens profile, upright?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2024 Apr 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just noticed the same issue, latest version of LR Classic and MacOS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2024 Apr 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How has this problem still survived another patch.  You guys NEED to fix the ever shrinking heal tool.  Every time you use the heal tool (in any version: heal, clone, adaptive) it shrinks and shrinks after every application.

SHOW SOME EFFORT AND FIX THIS!

Yeah, that's a shout.  You have ignoed this long enough.  This is the one of the most important tools and it has been broken for months. NO EXCUSE!

Votes

Translate

Translate