• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Tabbing between edit fields no-longer automatically adds a Zero if you leave one blank

LEGEND ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've labeled this as a *problem* because I think I've found a bug (and I can consistently recreate this) in the new photoshop raw. 

That said, the bug also stems from a very small feature change, that actually has a huge negative impact on my workflow (and possibly others). 

The feature change: In a recent update to Photoshop Raw, if you're using your keyboard to tab through the editable fields in any of the edit functionalities, it no-longer automatically ads a Zero if you leave one blank. 

I'll elaborate. If I'm on the main editing field, and I tab down a few times to exposure, and type a "1", it bumps the exposure by a value of one. If I decide I don't like this I used to simply delete the one, and keep tabbing, and it would replace the empty space with a Zero. 

NOW: when I tab away, I get an error message saying "a value of X..... is required" basically, to remove an edit I've made via the keyboard, I need to both delete the one and add the zero. 

This may seem like a small change, but I'm SO accustomed to flying through editing a large amount of photos in RAW, that this has massively slowed down my workflow. 

THE BUG: 

this error message also relates to a huge bug I've noticed. If I'm trying to BULK edit, when I select a bunch of images, any of the fields that aren't the same (say exposure) show an empty value, indicating that the value isn't consistent among the selected images. 

But say I want to change that value to a consistent one. 

If i mouse-click into that section, and attempt to add a value (for a bulk set), I'm presented with that same error message "a value of X.... is required... " however IT DOES NOT DISMISS. 

Basically, it gets stuck throwing that error message and infinite-loops on it, forcing me to force-quite and forfeit any work I've already one in RAW. This has caused me to lose work a few times now, I basically have to avoid bulk editing all-together.

I think simply going back to the way it was before (automatically making a null-value reset to zero) would both solve the workflow issue described above, as well as resolve the bug described after. 

Happy to proved screenshots and more details if needed. I'm using a ~2015 macbook pro with the latest OS and latest version of CC installed. 

Thanks!

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020
Updates to Camera Raw were released last night that address this issue. Please download the latest update via your Creative Cloud app and install. Please let us know if you continue seeing the issue after updating to 12.2.1. Thank you for your patience!

Votes

Translate

Translate
5 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2020 Feb 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the report and the details, Andrew.  We can reproduce both issues internally (no screenshots nor further details needed).  We'll look into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome! Thanks for the turnaround. Glad I could help with this. 

Any chance future version of RAW will resolve this bug but ALSO fix the zeroing workflow change I mentioned? It would be great for a null field to auto-populate with a zero like it used to. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're going to try to resolve both of these issues -- including the zeroing.  The change in behavior (compared to earlier versions of ACR) was unintentional. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noted! Thank you so much. I look forward to the next version. 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Updates to Camera Raw were released last night that address this issue. Please download the latest update via your Creative Cloud app and install. Please let us know if you continue seeing the issue after updating to 12.2.1. Thank you for your patience!
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate