• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: (Windows - A750 & A770 GPU) New Denoise turning images black and white

Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the new AI Denoise feature seems to darken my images and strip almost all the color out of them. Files are from a Nikon D500 being processed by a Ryzen 5 3600, 32GB RAM, and Intel A750 video card on Windows 11. Tried to create virtual copy of file and reset all other adjustments and it makes no difference. Still dark and almost completely black and white.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 15, 2023 Jun 15, 2023

This issue seems to have been resolved by the latest driver(31.0.101.4499 BETA).

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

Greetings all,

Updates for Adobe Photography products have been released.  The June 2023 updates contain a fix for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 139 Replies 139
139 Comments
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2023 May 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a lengthy thread on this forum (I can't find it at the moment) with multiple reports of Denoise failing when ARC GPU is used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed. These Intel Arc GPUs are apparently not quite up to the very advanced GPU use in Lightroom and Photoshop. Forget gaming. Lr/PS are just as demanding, but in different ways.

I'd recommend the Nvidia RTX 30-series (from -60 upwards as far as you want to go). That should be good for the foreseeable future.

While we're at it: If at all possible, avoid laptops with dual GPUs. They tend to conflict and cause a wide range of issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please Adobe, do you have any idea about when the issue will be fixed ? I just bought my graphic card ARC770 and i still can go to shop to change to other brand but will have to pay more for equivalent nVidia ( I mean RTX3060 ou 3070) After 1it will be too late to ask for a refund... So, any news from development team will be welcomed !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same!  I have an iGPU.  I despertely was a descrete GPU and would love an Arc770 rather than an Nvidia gamer but until this issue is resolved, I can't.  It's Intel that's being hurt here.  We know Denoise works on Nvidia and AMD.  As each day passes and the matter in not resolved, Intel's renewed launch into GPUs looks more and more like a fizzer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having similare issues - using AI Denoise turns image into black and white toned image....I have an Arc A750. I just use the regular noise reduction instead....or Topaz Denoise if that isn't sufficient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an Intel i5-12600K with UHD A770 iGPU. I was interested in one of the arc a770 or a750 GPUs but held off when I saw this thread. Finally I purchased a PNY GeForce GTX 3050 from Best Buy for $279 last week. Previously the iGPU would run denoise and it would take about 10 minutes. The 3050 cut the time down to 15 to 20 seconds depending on the raw file size. I'm happy with that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

i have the same issue. With my very old Grfik Card it works (Nvidia 750) very well, but it takes a very long time (10 Minutes versus 20 Seconds)

Klaus 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I first tried it, the new Denoise AI, it worked beautifully. However it now creates a DNG file with no color and it darkens the image. I tried disabling my GPU and it still happens. I am Running the latest version on Windows with an Intel i7 12700h and Intel Arc A370M Gpu. These are Canon R6 .cr3 raw files. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post your System Information as Lightroom Classic (LrC) reports it. In LrC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Paste that information into a reply. Please present all information from first line down to and including Plug-in Info. Info after Plug-in info can be cut as that is just so much dead space to us non-Techs.

mostly interested in the GPU info.

ahh, ARC, see:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw-bugs/p-windows-a750-amp-a770-gpu-new-denoise-turning-image...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to run it when I first downloaded the update, but after that I have the same black and white and darkened issues everyone else is having. Intel seems uninterested in helping with other minor issues I've had with this gpu, so hopefully Adobe can find a way to fix it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@nightspirit69
I'm guessing you updated the Intel driver or it automatically updated.  If you roll it back, you may be in luck.  Otherwise, like the rest of us, you'll just have to wait... or but an Nvidia GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2023 May 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the original drivers provided by Asus. The newer Intel drivers would cause Photoshop to freeze and become unusable. Since I just bought this, and can't afford a new one for at least another year, I may have to switch to something besides Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,

Lorsque j'utilise la "nouvelle" réduction du bruit avec CAMERA RAW 15.3 à partit d'un fichier .nef non édité, brut sortie d'un nikon Z6II ou Z7II ou D500, j'obtiens un fichier .dng monochrome bleuté sans réduction de bruit, le poids de la photo ne change pas. Ce probléme arrive sur LRc 12.3 et Ps 24.5. (ce problmé arrivait dans la précédente version et sur la version BETA de Ps). Je travaille sous windows 11, 64Go de RAM DDR5, ma carte graphique est une INTEL A770 dont les pilotes sont à jour.

Ci joint une image d'illustration de la situation.

Merci de votre aide, cordialement,

Didier Cornilleau

2305 - Pb réduction du bruit LRc.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just swapped an Nvidia GTX1660 super for the A770 16gb and experienced the same problem. Then I tried the other software I sometimes use for noise reduction. Topaz Denoise and Photo AI work fine, but DXO DeepPrimeXD has a similar dark screen result. So I think Intel has a major driver problem with some of the photo denoising products. One thing that might be pertinent is that both Lightroom Enhance denoise and DXO DeepPrimeXD do their denoising as part of the demosaic process. Of course that doesn't explain why DXO DeepPrime works OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 27, 2023 May 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new Lenovo Slim 7i laptop computer with Graphics Processor Intel Arc A370M. I use Adobe Lightroom Classic for processing raw (Canon CR3) photos. Today I used the AI Denoise function for the first time on this computer and the resulting .dng was brownish/black and white, no color in the photo, and dark. Sounds like the same GPU issue as others have stated in this thread. I hope this problem will be fixed soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that the fact I was able to get a similar failure using DXO Photolab DeepPrimeXD clearly suggests the problem is with the Intel drivers, since that's two different software products that are having a similar failure. I need a GPU that works right now, so I have ordered a different card and am in the process of returning the A770.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Topaz gets he job done correctly and quickly.  SW needs to be designed so that it works on a broad collection of common hardware.  As a former QA manager for a SW company, there are times when you need to adjust the SW to run properly on certain hardware (in this case maybe just using the CPU rather than the GPU).

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with the previous PatGarrett post up to a point, but since LR denoise works on all of the other brands of GPUs out there, I think in this instance the problem belongs to Intel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your statement "I just swapped an Nvidia GTX1660 super for the A770 16gb and experienced the same problem" to me clearly suggests that it is not and Intel problem since an Nvidia GPU has the same issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Um. I don't know if the issue belongs to Adobe or Intel because  equivalent "denoising with AI" from other brands (I mean DxO or Topaz) is working fine with the ARC 7xx. But, you are right, I hope there is already a thread of dicussions somewhere on the Intel side . As far I know, nobody  from Adobe is reacting on this forum since long time while the issue is major :  this issue is major and stake becomes huge with the context:  on one side Intel just launch  big promotion campain to come back in the market of CGUs, on other side Adobe create a game changer with the embodiement of AI in LRC and with Firefly in PS! A conjunction which can create a big disappointment from photographers who need to upgrade their PC right now ! It was my case few weeks ago ( (see my previous post from 14th of may) and I , by chance, it was not too late to change my ARC770 with a RTX3060/12Go for the same price (and I saved 35$...) . Very bad deal for Intel....

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize for making my initial statement unclear. When I said I swapped the GTX 1660 for the A770 and experienced the same problem, I meant that I replaced my working GTX 1660 with the A770 and then started experiencing the same problem as the other folks posting here. The GTX1660 worked fine; it was just too slow. As I said previously, the fact that the failure occurs with both Lightroom and DXO DeepPrimeXD makes me believe the problem is in Intel's drivers. I just installed a Zotac 3060 GPU and it works fine with both LR denoise and DXO deepPrimeXD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2023 May 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Intel link was my post and hopefully they will work to find a solution, although I am not too hopeful. I can't afford to replace a laptop I just bought so I may have to look at other software solutions. I don't use denoise all that much, but I also want what I pay for to work as intended. Adobe states this card is compatible with Photoshop and Lightroom and there is an obvious issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate