• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3rd party presets won't show up in Camera Raw Profile menu

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried importing presets that I purchased. The instructions seemed simple enough: choose "Import profiles and presets" from the profile menu. Select the Zip file (The unzipped folder isn't an option). Import completed, return to the profile menu, all that appears is the default options. If I try to reimport the presets, I'm told "Already imported."

I found them in my User library under Application Support>Adobe>Camera Raw>Imported Settings.

I tried to move them to the library on my hard drive, wherein I found the default settings in the Camera Raw folder under Settings, but they weren't recognized there either.

Any thoughts. Using the latest versions of Photoshop and Camera Raw

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who made the presets? Are you certain they are compatible with the version of Camera Raw you are using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry that you're not able to see the imported presets in Camera Raw. Are the imported files in XMP format? Are they all Presets/profiles or does the folder contain both?

If they are presets & they don't appear under the Presents panel, try enabling the option to Show partially compatible presets to check if that helps.

ACR show partially compatible presets.png

If they are Profiles, go to Manage Profiles under the 3-dot menu & check if the profiles are enabled.

ACR manage profiles.png

Let us know if it helps!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the replies.

The presets come from Kelvin Design. They are .xmp files. Looking at the text at the beginning of each file and comparing it with default profiles, shows some differences, althought the first two lines are identical. I know there was a thread a couple of years ago that suggested certain modifications to those opening lines, but the latest formats don't seem to correspond to what was going on back then.

Photoshop 22.4.3, Camera Raw 13.3 and MacOS Big Sur 11.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines