• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ACR 6.1 Final release - STILL WON´T INSTALL!

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2010 Jun 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS gives message that CameraRaw 6.1 is avaiable, and there´s also an update for Bridge.

BUT THE UPDATE WON´T INSTALL, claiming another instance of Update is running. But there is no other instance running!!!

I´ve checked over and again, I´ve rebooted, I´ve searched and cleaned the registry, I´ve disabled all update services for other software and so on - and the damn thing still won´t install on my Windows Vista 32bit machine!

Uninstall CS5 and re-install? Don´t think so! I have the update version and have uninstalled previous versions so in order to re-install CS5 I´d have to install CS4 first (provided I can even find the proper key...) and then install CS5 and uninstall CS4 again and spend a couple of hours manually going through the registry to delete entries that haven´t been cleaned up and then hope the problem would be solved?

GIVE ME A BREAK!

Adobe fix this or send my money back!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2010 Jun 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried all suggestions at least three times, except reloading Win7. I guess I'll upgrade my Lightroom to 3.0 and use it to convert my raw images and hope to hel* it comes with ACR 6.1.

Thanks again for all the tips and suggestions.

Vern

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jun 23, 2010 Jun 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

vern harris wrote:

…I'll upgrade my Lightroom to 3.0 and use it to convert my raw images and hope to hel* it comes with ACR 6.1.

Well, Lightroom does not use the ACR plug-in, though it uses a similar built-in conversion engine.  It would be wise to ask in the Lightroom forum, just to make sure it has been updated to the equivalent of 6.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2010 Jul 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi !

Has anyone tried to manually replace both (x86 & x64) "Camera Raw.8bi" files ? It's a bit of work, unzipping the updater's content... renaming the content (1003 for x86 and 1002 for x64) of both "Assets2_1.zip" for x86 and x64 and renaming those to Camera Raw.8bi and then copying them to their respective folder (overwriting the old ones, of course) :

\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CS5\File Formats\Camera Raw.8bi
\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CS5\File Formats\Camera Raw.8bi

Anyway, it seemed pretty simple and works for me. I now can import, open and work my RAW files (RW2) from my Lumix G2...

Do excuse my poor english...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2010 Jul 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But Camera RAW files are not available as a single file. I used to use the

same method as you described upto PSCS4. Now the Camera RAW comes with an

installer and that is what is causing all the problems. Or..... Hey where

did you get the Camera RAW File from ????? . How did you "unzip" the

updaters content ? I tried a free utility called "Universal Extractor", but

it was unable to extract the contents from the installer. Could you please

enlighten us how you extracted the Camera RAW file. It could be useful

because I feel that Adobe is going to give an installer withh all future

updates. Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there adcdef;

as I have described earlier in this thread, the easy way to get the CameraRaw.8bi file is to download the update for PS Elements. The same way you d/l the file with earlier versions of Photoshop.

The Elements d/l also comes with an .exe file that installs the lens profiles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi !

Download "Camera_Raw_6_1_updater.zip"

Extract content with 7z (or whatever...)

Open folder "payloads"

Open folder "AdobeCameraRaw6.0All-210510124504"

Extract content from .zip file "Assets2_1.zip"

Rename "1003" to "Camera Raw.8bi"

Copy & Paste overwriting existing file in "\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CS5\File Formats\"

Open folder "AdobeCameraRaw6.0All-x64-210510130426"

Extract content from .zip file "Assets2_1.zip"

Rename "1002" to "Camera Raw.8bi"

Copy & Paste overwriting existing file in "\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CS5\File Formats\"

Et voilà ! Works like a charm !..

Feel free to give some feedback if that (or any other solution) helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2010 Aug 31, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just found another possible fix (Windows XP SP3)!

I've installed CS5 Trial today and then ACR 6.2 (got the "Updater already running" error) and tried all fixes given here, none worked...

From desperation, I tried one last trick : my ACR 6.2 installation package was on an USB key, so I copied it locally under C:... It worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines