Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Profile Missing

Guide ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone.

I am using Color Checker Passport to create a Camera profile. Basically, I shoot the Clor Checker Passport and inside camera Raw, I save It as DNG. Later, I drag and drop the DNG File Into Xrite ColorChecker Camera Calibration Software to create a Custom Profile. This is where the profile is saving:

C- User- User Name- AppData- Roaming- Adobe- CameraRaw-Camera Profiles.

Inside Camera Raw, I see the Adobe original Profiles, but I don't see any Custom Profile.

Also, If I want to create Custom White Balance, I save It at this address:

C- User- User Name- AppData- Roaming- Adobe- CameraRaw- Settings.

Inside-Color Checker Camera Calibration Software, I can also save as ICC-Tiff, I never do that.

Is it better to drag the DNG File, or Create a Tiff file, and Drag it inside the ICC-Tiff?

Please let me know what is the issue

Thank you very much.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

See: https://www.xrite.com/service-support/where_dng_profiles_are_stored_in_the_computer

After you create the profile, it will only show up for that camera, no other models and only with raws. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See: https://www.xrite.com/service-support/where_dng_profiles_are_stored_in_the_computer

After you create the profile, it will only show up for that camera, no other models and only with raws. 
Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear thedigitaldog.

Please look at this screenshot. Is this the one you talking about.

Thanks.

camera calibration.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE:

Ok, It looks like you have to choose: Profile- Browse- Profile. I do see it If I open a DNG file. But If I open a Raw File it does not show. How can I apply this to all the Raw Files?

I remember with older versions of Camera Raw, I could have easily apply the Custom Profile to all my Raw Images

Thanks.

Screenshot.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear thedigitaldog.

Ok, I found out what was the Issue. Technically, for example, If you are shooting with Canon 90D, and creating a  Profile, you will not see those Custom Profiles If you have shots from Canon 5D Mark4, or Canon 80D, or any other camera's. In other words, you can see the Custom Profile, If you shoot with the same camera. I did some testing, and I noticed when shooting with Canon 5D Mark4, I only see the profile that I created for that camera, Therefore, If I open any Raw Clips from my Canon 90D, I can not see the Profiles for Canon 5D Mark4.

Also, I noticed with many shots the original Adobe Profile looked better, I noticed some Saturation Issue with few shots when using the X-Rite Profile.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have created rite custom profile from a photo. My intensino is to apply this newly created profile to the very same photo.  However when i open this ptoto (RAW file) there are not custom presets nowhere to be found. Any idea how to make it work again? Looks to me like xRite color checker and Adobe Suite no longer are compatible.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines