• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw 12.0 very slow on Windows

Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having issues with camera raw running very slow and lagging during editing, as well as freezing. 

Editing has become nearly impossible with this version. 

I am running a windows 32GB RAM, 64-bit operating system with x64 based processor. 

Is there a way to fix this, or do I have to unistall this version and install the older one?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 31, 2019 Dec 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry about the experience with Camera Raw.

Please update Camera Raw to the latest version (12.1) through the Creative Cloud desktop application and check if the issue persists.

You can go to the Preferences for Camera Raw through Photoshop (Edit > Preferences > Camera Raw) or through Bridge (Edit > Camera Raw Preferences). Then select Performance and select Off from the drop down for Use Graphics Processor. Also, go to General and increase the Camera Raw Cache. Once you have the change, quit and relaunch the application to check if that helps.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2019 Dec 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
I made all the recommended changes and it is still slow.
Cache is set to 5GB.
I have purged my chaches in camera raw and bridge.
The app still freezes and uses 100% of my CPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo,

Ich möchte mich in die Unterhaltung mit einklinken. Ich habe seit langem schon CameraRaw und habe es immer geschätzt, weil die Berarbeitung der RAW-Dateien mehr Spielraum lässt als eine JPG in Photoshop.

Seit den letzten Updates kriegfe ich aber am PC die Krise und es nervt, wie langsam das Programm gegenüber früher geworden ist.

Zu meinen PC-Daten:

Windows 10 64bit (auf aktuellem Stand)

CameraRAW letzte Version

Prozessor: AMD Ryzen 5 - 2600

Grafikkarte: Radeon RX570 mit 8 GB

32 GB RAM

Board: MSI X370 Gaming Pro

Ich habe die GPU-Unterstützung aktiviert

Einstellung RAW.jpg

Hier Einstellung PSP

Einstellung PSP.jpg

Ich habe alle Programme LR, Bridge, PSP schon einmal deinstalliert, die Ordner gelöscht und neu installiert.

Das Markieren , das Verschieben der Einstellregler ist eine Katastrophe. Wechsel ich die Regler muss ich warten, bis der Regler aktiv ist (Wertefeld blau). Ich brauch endlos lange für die Bearbeitung eines Bildes.

Was kann ich noch tun???????

LG Bernd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you mind reverting Camera Raw to version 11.4.1 using the installer from the link below and check if the performance is better?

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Erst einmal Danke für den Vorschlag. Sicher würde ich es ausprobieren. Es ergibnt sich jedoch die Frage, wie die Deinstallation der neuesten Version erfolgen soll. Kann ich die ältere Version einfach überinstallieren?

Meistens ist es doch so, dass die neue Version Dateien enthält, die in der alten Version nicht oder verändert vorhanden waren. Also würde es zu einer Dateivermischung kommen un d da sind meisten Probleme vorprogrammiert. Das andere Problem ist, ich kann CameraRaw nicht als einzelnes Programm deinstallieren. Ich müsste Photoshop und Bridge deinstallieren. Wenn ich beide Programme dann wieder installiere, habe ich wieder die neueste Variante von CameraRaw.

Ich bin gerne bereit die ältere Version von CameraRaw auszuprobieren, hätte aber gerne eine Info, wie ich die Versionen austausche. Danke im voraus.

Bernd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo nikunj.m

Ich melde mich noch einmal zu Wort. Ich habe nun doch einfach die vorgeschlagene Version 11.4.1 installiert. Sie wird nach dem Start auch angezeigt. Also muss alles funktioniert haben. Ich habe dann gleich einmal eine RAW-Datei geöffnet und bin begeistert. DIE GPU wird zur Anzeige verwendet. Die Betätigung der Schieberegler und auch die Veränderungen am Bild erfolgen ohne Verzögerung und absolut flüssig.

So macht das Arbeiten wieder Spaß. Ich denke, dass nächste Problem wird beim Update der Programme kommen, da sicherlich angezeigt wird, dass ich eine alte Version von Cam,eraRAW nutze, die wohl automatisch aktualisiert wird. Ich müsste dann die alter Version wieder überinstallieren, oder gibt es eine Möglichkeit, dass man die Aktualisierung von CameraRAW unterbilden kann?

Nachmals vielen Dank für den Tipp mit der älteren Version . Klappt super

VG Bernd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying the older version and I am glad that helped.

When the applications update, you do have the option of not updating Camera Raw and the updated version should work with the older version you have just installed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to Camera RAW 12.1 and it tells me it has done that.  However, when I open Bridge and migrate to Photoshop (the newest version), the edit section goes white and stops working altogether.  I can see the thumbnail of the photo I want to edit, but that is as far as it lets me go.  Suggestions?

Jan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jan,

Are you referring to the image preview in the Camera Raw plug in? If yes, please go to the Preferences of Camera Raw through Photoshop or Bridge and disable the Graphics Processor and check if you are able to see the image preview aftet that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there. I SOLVED.

I had the same Issue since ACR 12, like others. I did the downgrade and worked perfect and with the last ACR Update, started to work slowly.

I detected the ISSUE for me workstation, was  ACRONIS TRUE IMAGE 2020. When I unistalled (for others issues), ACR & Bridge works perfect... Crazy... So, if you don't have ACRONIS IMAGE, it's possible that some software produce the issue. Try to find ending the process with Task Manger of Window of the differents softwares and, good luck.

I hope this post can help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Danke für die interessanten Informationen.  Ich habe in Kommentaren bei Acronis gelesen, dass kein Problem von Acronis sei, sondern evtl. bei Adobe oder in der Hardware zu finden sei. Ich hatte Acronis 2020 installiert. Die Version CameraRaw 11.4 läuft unter Acronis 2020, hatallerdings auch einige Hänger, wenn man länger arbeitet. Die Version 12..... geht garnicht unter Acronis 2020. Ich habe Acronis deinstalliert. Wie vorher geschrieben läuft die neueste Version von CameraRaw perfekt. Nutzen kann als Ersatz für Acronis das Programm Paragon.

Danke für den Tip mit Acronis. Werde einmal an Acronis schreiben. Ich vermute, dass Acronis enorme Ressourcen im Hintergrund beansprucht.

Gruß Bernd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

thanks a lot for this good Tipp, i Stopp all task from acronis true Image 2018 and Camera raw 12.3 run very fast !

best regards from Wuerzburg in Germany 

juergen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ich habe im Programm Acronis bei >Active Protection< in >Prozesse verwalten< die photoshop.exe als erlaubten Prozess hinzugefügt. Danach hat es geklappt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ein super Hinweis auf die Ursache dieses Problems. Vielen Dank! Tatsächlich: Acronis ist der Flaschenhals! Ich habe 'Active Protection' gleich ausgeschaltet. Nun läuft ACR, wie es soll.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Top, endlich kann ich wieder wie gewohnt arbeiten. Aber ich musste die bridge.exe mit aufnehmen.

Nun läuft beides parallel ohne Probleme.

Hatte dazu schon selber einen treat aufgemacht, leider ohne Ergebnisse.

Super Dank!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much!! That solved a lot of problems. Everything is running now so fluently 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was Acronis True image for me. Once I uninstalled the problem was gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have Acronis True Image you must the Active Protection disable 

Than works Camera Raw really fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check that Acronis is on your pc because if it's then that's the problem.

It has nothing to do with the graphics card. the same problem occurs on three of my pcs and this one where I have changed my graphics card.

The problem is with Acronis 2021 and its Active Protection. A year ago this Active Protection could be turned of and that resolved the problem. Now it is fully integrated with Acronis 2021 and once installed cannot be turned off to resolve the problem. The only way is to delete Acronis 2021. shame really as it is a good program for doing what it supposed to be for. Not an antimalware program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I uninstalled Acronis as soon as I found that was the reason for the problem Never again Acronis for me Wasted money

Cristian Baitg
cristianbaitg@cristianbaitg.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, camera raw running very slow, as well as freezing. I do not know how to do. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ja auch bei mir war es Acronis das dazu geführt hat, dass Camera RAW nicht mehr gut lief! Nach der Deinstallation von Acronis ging alles wieder super schnell!
Yes also with me it was Acronis that led to the fact that Camera RAW no longer ran well! After uninstalling Acronis everything went again super fast

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines