Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

+ Camera Raw Feature Requests +

Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2005 Sep 22, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE:

We're interested in what changes you would like see in our products. Do you have an idea for a feature that would help your workflow? Is there a small change that could be made to make your life a little easier? Let us know!  Share an Idea, Ask a Question or Report a Problem and get feedback from the Product Development Team and other passionate users on the Photoshop Family product Feedback Site on Photoshop.com.

In future it would helpful if you could use this thread as a means to add

"Features" that you would like to see in future releases of Adobe Camera Raw.

Please do NOT create additional new Topics and try not to duplicate requests by other users. Also, be thorough in your description of the feature and why you think Adobe should consider it.

Oh, and if you find it necessary to comment on someone's feature request/suggestion, try not to get into a shouting match. The penalty for doing so is...

b If you're asking that a particular camera is supported in a future release or just taking the opportunity to carp that yours isn't then please do so in another thread!

IanLyons

Forum Host

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 677 Replies 677
LEGEND ,
Sep 16, 2010 Sep 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did the OP mean the S200EXR which does have RAW?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Sep 16, 2010 Sep 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ssprengel wrote:

Did the OP mean the S200EXR which does have RAW?

Ah!

Then only my post #572 applies:

These are user to user forums.  Additionally, you have buried your question in a thread dedicated to suggesting features to be added to future versions of Camera Raw.

Adobe usually does not comment on software that has not been released.  Adobe Camera Raw is released in an orderly fashion three to four times per year.  The latest version, 6.2, was released very recently, so you should expect a new one in three to four months.  There's no guarantee support for a given camera will be added by then, so it's not possible to answer your question.

Disregard post #573.

Wo Tai Lao Le

我太老了

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2010 Sep 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not very descriptive many times

but I have one request.

1. When you open a non-RAW image I would like an option to have a computer attempt to calculate much of the missing information.  When you open, for example a jpeg, you can adjust settings but it works poorly.  I have many pictures I have taken (some amazing) before getting a camera with a RAW feature and I would like to greatly enhance those images.  Everyone has told me this was impossible to get a good result, but I beg to differ.  Tell someone about  the idea for content-aware fill soon after the release of the first Photoshop version.  People would think you're crazy.  There are so many new computer algorithms that are in developmental stage to calculate the impossible, such as the computer algorithm to retrieve the real depth from a single image!  I have so many jpeg lying around never to have that quality of editing.  I feel so sad that I can't greatly enhance them!  Please consider my suggestion greatly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2010 Sep 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be to nice to support the Samsung TL350 in ACR 6.3 too. It's a really nice compact with a very usable raw mode!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2010 Sep 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be so simple and it would help productivity a lot if:

>> within the left column images thumbs of camera raw plugin we could drag those thumbs and change the opening order of the files.

Is it to much to ask?

Some times the small improvements are more important then many, many others done already. This is one of them.

In my case, I need to rename all the files I open (_v1, _v2, _v3, ...) with a script just after crop them and color correct them in raw. But I need to choose which is the first, second, etc.

CameraRaw plugin doesn't allow me to do so.

This means that I need to rename all the images by typing then within "save as". I do it 200 undred times a day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't you solve that problem with some multirename tool (like the one in Total commander) and/or moving different versions of files to different (sub)folders ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The big difference here is that I must see each image to decide which is the 1st, 2nd, ...

My issue here is to reduce the number of clics to this.

It is a must to open/manipulate/crop all the images in ACRaw. So...

why should I open (some one told me that before) in Brige, reorder and then in ACR? It would be much less clic number and easier to reorder on ACR plugin.

I have created allready an action to select a work folder (a different one for each images group)

- selects only the ACR2 files and it doesn't select the JPG and other files in the folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 29, 2010 Sep 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Being that this thread is now 12 pages long, I'm not sure that this hasn't been covered, but it's been around for a while.

This is a problem in ACR 6++ but also one in Photoshop, namely the freeze that occurs with the Adjustment Brush in ACR and the Dodge-Burn-Sponge brush in Photoshop.

In order to use the [ ] keys to change the brush size, in ACR, I have to go first to the mask or Pin check boxes, click on then off and in PS, I have to open and close the Brush selection box first. Since this seems a common problem to both I am not sure where to post it.

I have other requests but I'll look a bit more to see if it is posted somewhere. The pre-Jive system made such a search far easier.

Thanks!

Message was edited by: Hudechrome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2010 Oct 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pentax K-5

Cannot open PEF files and I am forced to use DNG. Looks like we have gone back in time with no support. Please add Pentax K-5 support asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 26, 2010 Oct 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I need -

1) magical wand in ACR

2) Forced red eye removing - I pressing button and make zone with center where i pressed - of cause additionally to semiintellectual.

3) Selecting white balance not by drop list - but buttons - and btw - there may be many buttons that will remember differrent raw conversion states - there is only half of instrumental zone used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 27, 2010 Oct 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please make ACR a best-quality yet still fast raw converter, and leave all the spot editing nonsense to Photoshop proper.

Not everyone wants ACR to turn into a fully-featured Photoshop replacement!  Some of us like to get a great conversion then edit the pixels in Photoshop proper.

As it is you have people doing overlapping work on both sides.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyway, point 2 - "Forced red eye removing" would be nice. When red eyes are not very obvious, ACR frequently can't find them, so I have to make a patch on the part when it finds the red eye (or some red color if exist) and move it to proper location, which is slightly uncomfortable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And frequently didn't work with large sized portraits - like this

http://photofile.ru/users/ozerov_paparacci/3859107/91153766/

Even if there is clearly and bright red eye.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2010 Nov 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add PEF files support for Pentax K-5 and K-r.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In response to Noel:

have to disagree very stongly - the power of ACR is that those tools are the

ones we need for nearly every image (used with restraint), can be done super

fast, and are non-destructive - I really like being able to access ACR

quickly from Bridge. Make no mistake - I use PS a lot too, but with over

300GB of images, I don't want to convert from a 13-20mb RAW file to a

massive 16bit TIFF unless essential.

So yes, the funtionality of the tools overlap quite a lot, but the type of

workflow does not.

If all you want is a RAW converter without the ACR features, then the camera

maker's converter (especially Canon) usually does a slightly better job

anyway.

Don

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2010 Nov 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not everyone wants it, but many, including I, do want them. To be more specific "not every Photoshop feature", but "every photographic image related feature.

Do not remove any of the features now in ACR. Anybody who does not use them, can just ignore them.

Udo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2010 Dec 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried Capture One 6. It has OpenCl support and if turned on,   screenredraw is very instant and smooth, when you`re adjusting any parameter like exposure etc.. Much better that with OpenCl off and   better than in Lightroom and ACR. Add to this all the navigation possibilities  that PS has like flickpanning, birdseye view, zooming etc..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 08, 2010 Dec 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My whishes for upcomming versions:

- Slider recover in Brush and Gradient tool, so it would be possible to recover only blown parts of the picture, without altering colors in other parts

- Slider blur or noise reduction in Brush and Gradient tool
- Beside display of RGB value of the point under the cursor, it would be nice to have HSL also, and maybe some other posibility (Lab etc)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One big wish is multimonitor support as in Lightroom!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd second that. And ability to continuously zoom images using mouse

wheel/Cintiq

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- Slider recover in Brush and Gradient tool, so it would be possible to recover only blown parts of the picture, without altering colors in other parts.

How would that differ from using the recovery slider in the basic panel? Which has the nice feature to show you where you recover.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read the last part of the sentence

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did read it the first time.

You are suggesting that the recovery slider in the basic panel, changes colours in areas which are NOT fully or partially blown out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obviously. Try yourself

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 09, 2010 Dec 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vit, you can do a moderate amount of blur with Brush/Gradient using a negative value for Sharpness. (These can be stacked, e.g., multiple separate Brush adjustments, if -100 is not enough.) While this is not exactly the same as noise reduction, it can be used to smooth background areas, e.g., out-of-focus backgrounds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines