Camera raw matched profile for Canon R6

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

When will camera raw open up for matched profile for Canon R6?

Please,  this is so important. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021
It isn't known when or if there will be camera matching profiles for the model or other Canon models. Adobe has stated such. Frankly, I don't think it is as important as you suggest. I use Nikon cameras. I have camera matching profiles. I have compared the camera matching profiles against profiles such as Adobe color, Adobe standard, Adobe portrait, etc. Yes, there are slight differences but not anything critical. The basic adjustments in Camera Raw are more than enough to compensate for any def...

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It isn't known when or if there will be camera matching profiles for the model or other Canon models. Adobe has stated such. Frankly, I don't think it is as important as you suggest. I use Nikon cameras. I have camera matching profiles. I have compared the camera matching profiles against profiles such as Adobe color, Adobe standard, Adobe portrait, etc. Yes, there are slight differences but not anything critical. The basic adjustments in Camera Raw are more than enough to compensate for any deficiencies.

I know, you think you "deserve" your camera matching profiles. Adobe will not commit to when or if those profiles will be made available. "If" they do become available in the future you will know because they will be there. Until then, just use the Adobe profiles that are provided. In my opinion you really are not losing much.

In the hope that someday Adobe will provide camera matching profiles, in the meantime you could consider creating various custom default settings incorporating the Adobe profiles. I don't know if you have utilized the color grading tool much, but I have found it to be invaluable. I can see great potential in incorporating it along with other settings in creating various default settings that can go much further than what could be accomplished by having camera matching profiles.

Here is a quote from an Adobe administrator, taken from another forum that is monitored much more closely by Adobe adminnistrators and Adobe employees:

Camera Matching Profiles: 

Support for a particular flavor of a camera’s raw file does not necessarily mean that there will be Camera Matching profiles for that camera at the time of raw file support.  It is normal for Camera Matching profiles to follow raw support by one or two releases. In the case of some camera models or camera manufacturers or in the event of major changes in file format by a particular manufacturer, that time may be greatly increased. 

Note: Not all cameras will ultimately receive Camera Matching profiles. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines