• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canon EOS RP Camera Raw support

Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2019 Mar 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got the Canon EOS RP and Photoshop CC 2019 won't open the file . Get this error message."could not complete your request because it is not the right kind of document". I have updated Adobe Camera Raw to 11.2 and unistalled /reinstalled PS. Still no success. The file format is .CR3 like the EOS R. Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

The team is aware of the camera and working on support for an upcoming release of Camera Raw. In the meantime, if you want to convert your files to DNG, you can grab the DNG Converter 11.2.1 beta that we released this morning which has support for the RP.

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Macintosh : Adobe DNG Converter 11.2.1 Beta

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Windows : Adobe DNG Converter 11.2.1 Beta

Info on using the DNG Converter can be found here:

Adobe Digital Negative Converter

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2019 Mar 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jeffrey! This beta release worked great for my raw images of my new Canon EOS RP. Before, I had converted the raws to 16-bit tiff images using the Canon utilities (resulting in files of ca. 150 MB size) before I could import them to Lightroom Classic CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2020 Feb 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What about for iPad?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2019 Mar 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh Thank you!!!  I was really bummed out that I was stuck in JPEG.  Heart broken even.  I finally get to see what I can do with these files.  Is there an ETA on the ACR Update?

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was very helpful. It will be even better when I won't have to do a conversion. It works a heck of a lot better than converting it with the Canon software!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2019 Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe..  please update

Still no raw support for my Canon EOS RP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, please please Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe does not focus on a single camera model from a single manufacturer. Updates are planned on a somewhat regular basis, and the next one should be released within the next couple of weeks. Adobe isn't going to hurry to release an update to support your camera. When the next planned release comes, your camera will most likely be supported. Until then, you will simply have to wait. That's the way it has always been, and all the pleading is in going to speed things up. The next update will be released when it is ready.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are happy to announce Lightroom Classic 8.2.1

New camera raw file support added in this release:

• Canon EOS RP
  • Panasonic LUMIX DC-FZ1000M2 (DC-FZ10002)
  • Panasonic LUMIX DC-S1
  • Panasonic LUMIX DC-S1R
  • Panasonic LUMIX DC-ZS80 (DC-TZ95, DC-TZ96, DC-TZ97)
  • Sony A6400 (ILCE-6400)

You can install the updates on desktop applications via the Creative Cloud App. [CTRL/CMD]+[ALT/OPT]+[ R ] will refresh your app if the update doesn’t appear. See Keep your Lightroom version up to date

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Akash,

I hope you can help me on this. You stated the following;

"You can install the updates on desktop applications via the Creative Cloud App. [CTRL/CMD]+[ALT/OPT]+[ R ] will refresh your app if the update doesn’t appear."

I have the new Canon RP mirrorless camera. I currently have the stand alone Lightroom 6.9 and do not plan to switch to the subscription for a while. Does your statement desktop applications above include the LR 6.9 as well or the subscription LR only?  (Sorry, I am techie challenged.) Thank you.

Anna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2019 Apr 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot update Lightroom 6 to Lightroom Classic 8, which is subscription only.

To be able to import files from the Canon RP to LR 6, you have to convert the raw files to DNG files, that can be imported in LR 6.

This can be done with the free Adobe DNG converter. Read the instructions carefully.

Adobe Digital Negative Converter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2019 Apr 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update for RP raw files. When will the Camera Matching profiles be available? As at moment they don't seem to be there.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2019 Apr 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, i hope they will fix it soon, cause i need camera profiles for canon eos rp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just checked in Camera Raw (latest update). There are profiles for Adobe Standard, Adobe Landscape, Adobe Vivid, etc. What else are you expecting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Missing camera matching profiles for EOS RP: camera standard, camera portrait, faithful..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera matching profiles are not available for every model from every manufacturer. I don't have any connection at all with Adobe, so I don't know what the status is for the model in question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim thnx very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are the profiles accessed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Camera Raw, when you are working with a raw image, the profiles can be accessed by clicking on this icon:

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2019 Jun 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3 June, Lightroom 8.3....
CAMERA Profiles still unavailable
Im tired shooting in JPEG, WTF Adobe!!!???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand the team is busy. However, camera matching profiles for this body would certainly be helpful. The Canon RP is filtering into several of the pro shops running Canon in our area, as a means for us to cheaply dip into the mirrorless experience. Having those camera matching profiles would certainly assist us in exploring this surprisingly capable and low-cost mirrorless option from Canon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I complained now I will take a minute to say the way this update works is the best. I hated being left on the dark as to when it would be released but I really like it an am very excited. The use of the raw is fast and of course photoshop is in a class all it's own.

Keep up the good work. I believe the best is still to come for adobe. All the best.

Long time user

Dale

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines