• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cant access camera raw in new computer

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New computer with windows 12. (11)? the only way i can get into camera raw is to go to bridge and open in raw. I just updated raw and there is no open command in the block. If I click on a raw photo it will not open or offer raw. I have taken raw out 3 times and reinstalled.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you wish to access Adobe Camera Raw in Photoshop instead of Bridge? You have Photoshop installed and if so, what version? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the subscription so photoshop 2023 V 24.1.0 and raw 15.1.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If i click on raw files they will not open. When I try to selection what program to open them with, Raw is not listed as an option. In my other computer when I click on the raw files they open in raw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Raw from what camera?

See: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/why-is-my-camera-not-supported.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nikon Z9. The camera is not the issue. The option for raw does not show anywhere. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand "The option for raw does not show anywhere." can you explain? 

You open Photoshop, you select Open, and navigate to the Z9 raw; what happens if Adobe Camera Raw doesn't open that raw? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you update the programs in cloud, to the right is an open command. It is in Photoshop, Bridge but not raw. On my other computer Raw works fine. I have the subscription. I would generally click on 50 pictures that were shot in raw and it would open them in raw. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, without a screen capture, I still don't know what you are referring to: 

When you update the programs in cloud, to the right is an open command. It is in Photoshop, Bridge but not raw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2023 Jan 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume that you are referring to the Open button next to applications listed in the Creative Cloud desktop app.

There is no Open button next to Camera Raw because it is a plugin for Bridge and Photoshop.

So it cannot be opened as a standalone application, it needs to be launched from Bridge or Photoshop.

Exactly what happens when you double-click a raw file in the File explorer?

Or if you right click and choose Open with Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally got it to work. Thanks for your efforts. I am not a fan of 12! I wish I still had 7. Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 21, 2023 Jan 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean Windows 11? There is no 12 until maybe 2024.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with windows 10. In my case can't access camera raw from Bridge or PS. Both are at last version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It can depend on the type of file you [OPEN in PHOTOSHOP]

Rendered RGB files (JPG, TIF, PSD, etc ) open directly to a Photoshop document window.

Raw files (NEF, CR3, RAF, etc) must open through Adobe Camera Raw before they open in Ps.

But you can only 'Open with Photoshop', not 'Open with ACR'!

There is a Preference in Photoshop that will force rendered files to open through ACR, if that is what you want.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 22, 2023 Jan 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want to open something other than JPEG/TIFFs (questionable why you'd do either) in Adobe Camera Raw with or without the preferences so set the 'trick' is opening them as if they were raw (which they are not of course) is by selecting Format menu as Camera Raw. TIFFs, JPEGs, even PNGs etc, open in ACR.

http://digitaldog.net/files/ACROpenOption.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines