• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CR3

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, what a disappointment when I tried to use the raw files from my Canon EOS-R. I am using Lightroom 3 on my Mac book pro. I tried to update the  program but I get an error messsge  like I'm not hooked up to the internet, when I am. Any thoughts or solutions. Thank you 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now, is that a) Lightroom 3.4 - The 'new' Cloud based version that stores your files in Adobe Cloud ecosystem?

Or is it b) Lightroom v3 with local folder storage, that was released 'many years' ago?

If it is b) Lightroom v3 it is no longer supported by Adobe. Updates are not available.

You have two options-

1) Subscribe to the Photography Plan (20Gb) that includes Lightroom-Classic v9.4 that will recognise and import the new and changed Canon Cr3 format files. Your catalog will be updated also.

2) Download the Adobe DNG Converter and convert the Cr3 files to raw DNG files- Import the DNGs.

If it is a), Then you need to update to v3.4 in the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App. (IF you subscribe!!)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You solution is:

Download DNG Converter 12.4
https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/detail.jsp?ftpID=6973

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines