• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I uninstall a Camera Raw Plug-in?

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased an Olympus OM-D Mark II and downloaded Camera Raw plug-in 9.1 onto Photoshop CS6 (on a PC). I now realize that 9.1 is not compatible with CS6. Photoshop CS6 has always been able to download images including raw files from my Nikon D800. Now, CS6 does not download any images from the D800. I have tried to locate the Camera Raw plug-in 9.1 to uninstall it, but it does not appear on the program list to uninstall. Plug-in 9.1 is shown on the plug-in list below Camera Raw 7.0. How do I get rid of Camera Raw 9.1 and go back to the default Camera Raw 7?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 20, 2015 Jul 20, 2015

Not sure I agree that Camera Raw plugin 9.1.0 is compatible with CS-6.

I Just loaded Adobe Creative Suite Production Premium Version 6 into new PC, Windows 8.1.  Also have Bridge 5.0.2.4 and the Camera Raw plug-in 9.1.0.441.  Bridge will not load multiple images into Photoshop layers.  My older PC has same CS-6 except it ahs Camera Raw 7.0 and it works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of windows are you using?

From where did you download the camera raw 9.1 plugin?

The camera raw 9.1 plugin is compatible with photoshop cs6 as long as you have windows 7 or later.

If in photoshop cs6 you go to Help>About Plug-In, you should only have one version of camera raw listed.

If both camera raw 9.1 and camera raw 7.0 are listed, then most likely the problem is having the camera raw 7.0 plugin installed.

Having two camera raw plugins will confuse photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2015 Jul 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you forgetting back to me.

I use Windows7.

I downloadedCamera raw 9.1 from the Adobe site.

I checkedHelp> About Plug-in and version 8.2.0.94 was listed.

I alsochecked Help> Updates and Camera Raw 7 was listed. When I open the box,Camera Raw 9.1 (CS6) was listed below Camera Raw 7.

Also, my CS6still cannot open raw files from the Olympus OM-D Mark II.

I am guessingthat I may have downloaded 9.1 for Creative Cloud. Should I update to 9.1 usingthe Help>Updates location? Will thisremove other Camera Raw downloads?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2015 Jul 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, use Help>Updates from within photoshop cs6 and let it install the camera raw 9.1 update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2015 Jul 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not sure I agree that Camera Raw plugin 9.1.0 is compatible with CS-6.

I Just loaded Adobe Creative Suite Production Premium Version 6 into new PC, Windows 8.1.  Also have Bridge 5.0.2.4 and the Camera Raw plug-in 9.1.0.441.  Bridge will not load multiple images into Photoshop layers.  My older PC has same CS-6 except it ahs Camera Raw 7.0 and it works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines