• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to open Apple ProRAW in ACR?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shot three photos on my iPhone in one minute. One hour later, thanks to Google, found out how to import the ProRaw (DNG) files to my PC. Then spent another hour trying to figure out how to open them in Adobe Camera Raw, rather than directly in Photoshop.

Apple and Adobe engineers - Cheers mates! I give up.

Can someone shed a light here? Is Apple's ProRAW just a Tiff embedded in a DNG or a true RAW format?

I want to open them in ACR to disable sharpening and NR.

Thank you.

TOPICS
DNG Converter , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS

My old CR2 files and DNGs from a Samsung phone opens fine with ACR.

ACR and Photoshop up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my Mac, exporting out of Apple Photos a Apple's ProRAW, DNG, zero issues having ACR open it. 

Maybe a Win issue but there isn't anything per se 'wrong' with ACR/LR. 

I believe this is a Linear DNG so not totally raw data. 

https://www.imore.com/whats-difference-between-iphone-12-pro-proraw-and-non-proraw-images

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be an issue with iCloud for Windows, messing with DNG tags.

Can I download Apple ProRaw files without using iCloud for Windows?

Is there a way to manually force them to open through ACR?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2023 Jul 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By @Neurythmic

I started a new thread asking about this a couple of days ago, and had no replies.  Is there a non standard workflow needed to open Apple Pro RAW in ACR?  I have not looked into it in any way seriously, but I thought this a good forum to find people who have done this.

So did you stick with it< and is there a significant advantage with high dynamic range situations, like sunsets?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Minun ongelma on kun tuon kuvani iPhone15pro:sta IMG_DNG tiedostona Camera Raw/Lightroom, niin siellä oleva AI kohinan poisto ohjelma ei hyväksy tuota iPhonen Raw formaattia mikä harmittaa, sillä tuo AI kohinan poisto on yksi markkinoiden parhaita tällä hetkellä. Soitin Apple tukeen, mutta he sanoivat että ongelma on Adoben. Onko täällä kenelläkään tietoa tai ratkaisua tähän ongelmaan?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines