• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to open dng pics from Lightroom Classic over to Camera Raw In Photoshop?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I take a pic  (dng)  in Ligtroom Classic and open it in Photoshop it do not open in Camera Raw, although it is a raw file. 
Earlier I could see the dng-files in Ligthroom now I can only see the cataloglogo and the pic is inn the Icloud ?
I want to open the dng file in Ligthroom in the new Photoshop, but it will not open in Camera Raw - just in the edit function ?? 
When I connect the memorycard to Photoshop it opens in the new Camera Raw modul like it should. Why not from LC  dng ?? 

Stein Flaten

Stein Flaten

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

If you have truly opened the image as a smart object, double-click on the Smart object icon in the layer thumbnail in Photoshop, and it will open in Camera Raw. Then right-click on the image and in the feature will be available. Or, you can export the image as original and then open that exported DNG file directly in Photoshop for the time being. Or, you can wait until the next update of Lightroom is released.

You DON'T want to try to edit images on the memory card. That is not a good practice

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

If you want to try the new feature right now, here is what I did. From Lightroom Classic, export the DNG file or other raw file as original and then open that exported file in camera raw. It works for me that way. Yes, I know, we all want everything right now. Eventually LrC is going to be updated and the feature will be there and we can use it that way. Like cropping, the enhanced feature isn't going to be available in the Camera Raw filter in Photoshop. When you have a smart object you have to

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom Classic 10.1.1  with  Camera Raw 13.1.  and. Photoshop 22.3.0. 
The last updates.

Stein Flaten

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use "Edit in ..." > "Open as Smart Object in PS". The image first opens in the main body of PS as the base layer, but if you double-click on the Smart Object icon on the layer thumbnail it will open in ACR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - it is working!  - But the new function "Super resolution"  Enhance  is not there ??  

Stein Flaten

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Super Resolution isn't available within Camera Raw when opened as a filter, which is what you've done by double clicking on the Smart Object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have to connect to camera/memorycard ?  - can not come in to Photoshop Camera Raw from  Lightroom Classic dng? 
Stein

Stein Flaten

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have truly opened the image as a smart object, double-click on the Smart object icon in the layer thumbnail in Photoshop, and it will open in Camera Raw. Then right-click on the image and in the feature will be available. Or, you can export the image as original and then open that exported DNG file directly in Photoshop for the time being. Or, you can wait until the next update of Lightroom is released.

You DON'T want to try to edit images on the memory card. That is not a good practice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well - I was a bit too fast  and marked as correct answer.  
I opened the image as a smart object, double-click on the Smart object icon in the layer thumbnail in Photoshop and it opened in Camera Raw. That's fine. Then I tried to right-click the image , but the feature - enhance (super resolution) did NOT show up.
??
Stein Flaten 

Stein Flaten

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to try the new feature right now, here is what I did. From Lightroom Classic, export the DNG file or other raw file as original and then open that exported file in camera raw. It works for me that way. Yes, I know, we all want everything right now. Eventually LrC is going to be updated and the feature will be there and we can use it that way. Like cropping, the enhanced feature isn't going to be available in the Camera Raw filter in Photoshop. When you have a smart object you have to double-click on the image in the layer tray in order to open the object, I believe. Apparently my computer is too old to allow me to open images as smart objects anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - Export dng as original to the hard drive and then open the exported file in camera raw !  That works ! 
Thanks to you ! 

Stein Flaten

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Enhance is accesed through the filmstrip. If you have brought just a single image into ACR, open the filmstrip with the button in the lower left corner and right-click on the thumbnail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines