• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't open my Nikon D7100 RAW image in Photoshop CS5

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2013 Oct 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Q I am having difficulty downloading Camera Raw 6.7 onto Photoshop CS5 Please advise

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2013 Oct 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of difficulty?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2013 Oct 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently purchased a Nikon D7100 camera and when I upload the raw files into Photoshop CS5 it doesn't recognise the Raw files. I have used the update function to upload the latest version of Camera Raw (6.7) but that has had no effect. Is there a Camera Raw plug in which will resolve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The D7100 was added as a supported camera in version 7.4 which is only compatible with Photoshop CS6.  You will either have to upgrade or use the latest DNG converter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response. I would rather not have to upgrade as CS5 is more than adequate for my needs. Can you provide more information on the DNG converter. Can I download and install as a plug in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The DNG Converter 8.2 is available in the Camear Raw updates section of Adobe’s updates page: http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates.html

The DNG Converter is a standalone application that you must run explicitly to processes a FOLDER of raw files at a time, and creates a copy of each of the folder’s raw files that has a DNG extension. Its purpose is to create a package containing the original raw data plus the camera profile and other camera-support parameters so that older ACR plug-ins have enough information to process the raw data.

This is an extra step that some find inconvenient and if you’re not comfortable deleting your original RAWs (I never delete them) then you’ll end of with things taking about twice the space.

Personally, I always update to the current version of PS so I have the current version of the ACR plug-in so PS will integrated seamlessly with the current version of Lightroom which is the main image-adjustment component of my workflow, and I rarely use PS, anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The DNG converter is a freestanding (not a plugin) program that can be used to convert your original raw files to the digital negative format.  The new files will contain all of the original raw image data, but the file format is one that has been standardized.  It will enable you to edit your raw files with the older version of Photoshop that you are using.  I will provide you with the link to the Windows version.  You can Google DNG converter Mac to get that version if you need it.  Download it, install it and run it.  One little point that seems to confuse new users.  There is a prompt asking you to point to the folder containing your raw files.  Note that you should just choose the folder and not expect to see a list of your raw files.  If you do that, everything should run smoothly.

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=106&platform=Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines