• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Light Room

Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to return to the original photo I already edited in Light Room, and give it some tweaks.  I can find it in Light Room but it is greyed-out.  The error message says it is a duplicate of a photo already in the catalog.  After I edited the photo, I moved all my original photos onto different hard drives, so the computer is probably unable to find them.  The option of finding the photo with the little exclamation point is not offered for this particular photo.  I can't make sense of opening the catalogs.  Also, I seem to have both Light Room CC and Light Room Classic on my PC.  I think I edited this photo on CC.  Any tips as to how to proceed?  I'm also unable to re-import it.
Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Although this is the Camera Raw forum, I will try to respond to your question. When you moved the images did you do so using Lightroom or did you use File Explorer or Finder (Mac)? If you used one of those two utilities then Lightroom no longer knows where the images are located. Lightroom only opens the catalog, which is a database. And that catalog keeps track of where the images are located. All activity needs to be coordinated within that catalog in order for everything to function properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although this is the Camera Raw forum, I will try to respond to your question. When you moved the images did you do so using Lightroom or did you use File Explorer or Finder (Mac)? If you used one of those two utilities then Lightroom no longer knows where the images are located. Lightroom only opens the catalog, which is a database. And that catalog keeps track of where the images are located. All activity needs to be coordinated within that catalog in order for everything to function properly. The reason you cannot import again is because the catalog has a record of the image even though Lightroom doesn't know where the image is located. Perhaps the following documents will point you in the right direction of realigning those images:

http://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr2_find_folder/find-folder.htm

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-photos-missing-fix/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also see:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/confused-about-lost-images/m-p/13383515...

Discussion and fix for 'missing photos". 

Any and everything you'd want to do in the Finder/File Explorer (move, rename, delete, etc) you can and should do in LR. Otherwise, you are doing things behind its back, it has no idea what you've done. When you do this within LR, it 'knows' and updates the catalog of these changes. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines