• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need a download link to ACR 12.2.1. (Previous Version)

Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obviously, there is a lot of regret in downgrading to 12.3. Currently, the only available older versions start at 11, which isn't very useful for new camera owners.

{Moderator Note: CR-4199540, 4199541, 

Edited issue tags and thread title}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Hi All,

We're sorry for all the trouble after the latest update of Camera Raw. Our engineering team currently working on the fix. In the meanwhile, you can revert to the previous version of Camera Raw 12.2.1: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html#12_x

Thanks,

Mohit 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. This is a total joke. Especially when they give the option when first starting up ACR 12.3 to see the new UI saying you can revert back to the old UI which is a lie. This new UI is like a Fisher/Price UI. How can they not have a download for ACR 12.2.1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe you read the notice carefully. It indicated that the new default location for the thumbnails in Camera Raw was across the bottom of the interface rather than down the left-hand side. It gave you the choice to have the thumbnails at the bottom initially, and indicated that if you didn't like the thumbnails at the bottom of the interface it would be possible to change the thumbnails back to the left-hand side. And that is exactly what is possible to do. If you don't like the interface then you are going to have to lobby Adobe. If enough users complain perhaps Adobe will reconsider. Personally, I like the new UI. But that's just my opinion. We all resist change. It took a few minutes to figure things out, but I think it runs quite smoothly. If you don't like it then tell Adobe. But this forum isn't the one to do it in.

Photoshop family - Camera Raw and DNG 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No one has mentioned thumbnails on this thread, Jim.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would really appreciate if I find a channel to talk to Adobe's team (not the chat, they are quite useless) but to people who really care about our needs (they should know we pay for their product it is not pirate) as according to your message they will not read our messages here. I don't like Lightroom's interface and Camera raw was my only alternative. It would be great if they knew they are make things very difficult for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are a protected species, hidden away by a hedge of protection from the peasants

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well good for you Mr 'Adobe professional'....you are in a tiny minority!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that. You are all saying that the message indicated when you first installed the new Camera Raw that you should try the new UI and if you didn't like it you can go back to the old UI. I'm saying that the message didn't indicate that at all. The message indicated that the new default position for the thumbnails was at the bottom of the Camera Raw interface, and that if you didn't like that position it would be possible to change the position of the thumbnails back to the left-hand side. There was no message that indicated that it would be possible to return to the old UI. It seems that you can't even read my response and get it straight.

The point here is that you seem to read those notices about as closely as you read my comment. I don't think you really understood what the notice said. Perhaps Adobe should have issued the warning before installing the update, I don't know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jim then they should have given a warning not to update at all if you didn't want a new less intutitive UI. The new UI is a total joke. It's certainly not for Pro use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you knew that, you said something different. A LOT of different things, that were the opposite of helpful.

Now you're telling us the expectation of being able to install older versions is unreasonable, EVEN THOUGH THAT'S AVAILABLE FOR EVERY OTHER APP.

Please - stop helping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a REALLY BAD UI, Jim.

don't try to justify Adobe's poor design

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well said!! These forums are full of passive doogooders 'always on the side of error' yet justofying it because it is convenient for them without giving a rats bottom about anyone else......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Intuitive is in the mind of the user, I suppose. As I have indicated before, I like the new UI. If you don't like it then complain on the forum where the developers monitor. I'm just a user. My voice doesn't count for anything. All I can do is irritate others, and I'm sure that's what I'm doing here. The interface has changed. You can pout and complain and change programs. If you change programs then you'll have to learn a new interface anyway. So it's up to you to decide what you're going to do. Lobby Adobe if you feel that's what's necessary, or spend a little time and get used to the new UI. Complaining here isn't going to accomplish anything. There isn't a thing anyone here can do about it. We are all just users like yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't make sense to ignore the user's opinion from the point of payment and use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[potentially harmful link removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this work? Will it effect my subscription to Adobe CC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works. I've no idea about subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's also been removed by a moderator. I'd like to thank said moderator, for sabotaging someone else doing Adobe's work for them. You're a real team player, and I appreciate not at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moderators claim they don't work for Adobe yet are happy to remove links to any potential SOLUTION!!  Hmmmmm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can revert to the previous version of Camera Raw 12.2.1: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html#12_x

Also downgrade Bridge to 10.0.4 and the madness that is biased towards lightroom users has gone and harmony is restored

-They don't seem to be deleting this instruction because it works and does not infridge any software policy-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I gave you the link to the forum where you should really voice your opinion. If you don't want to do that, then don't. There's already a long thread of complaints registered there by users who agree with you. Personally, I don't care. I use Lightroom Classic for most of my work, and that's why the new Camera Raw UI makes sense to me. If Adobe chooses to go back to the old UI, fine. I don't use it that often anyway. If you want to go to that other forum and join in the "crusade" that is your choice. That's the forum where the Adobe developer team monitors much more closely, and where your feelings about changes that need to be made can make a difference. It's up to you. Ranting on this forum is sort of like an open street riot with no mediator. I see that some of you have already voiced your opinion there. Good for you. Keep it up. Maybe something good will come of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No - really. Stop helping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[abuse removed by mod]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted this new confusing ACR 12.3 and installed the 12.2.1. But now Adobe Bridge doesnt give me the option to edit a photo in camera raw. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to reinstall old bridge too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines