• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Beta Feature HDR Output Feedback Thread (Released)

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the October 10, 2023, release of Adobe’s Photography products, HDR Editing and Output is out of beta and now available as a feature across the Lightroom and Camera Raw products.

There is a great article about HDR from Eric Chan at the Adobe Blog here: https://www.adobe.com/go/hdr_explained 

This thread will be locked now but left in place for future reference. Thank you to all who participated in the testing and evolution of this feature during its beta.

Update (12.13.2022) the Beta feature (formerly Mac-only) is now available in Mac and Windows.

Camera Raw 15 15.1 introduces High Dynamic Range Output:

• the ability to view and edit HDR photos on compatible HDR displays
  • the ability to save HDR photos to disk and open them in Photoshop
  • the addition of (read) AVIF/JXL format files

Photos optimized for HDR displays have brighter highlights and more detailed shadows, resulting in an increased sense of realism and greater impact.

You can enable the HDR Display feature in the Technology Previews of the Camera Raw Preferences.

High Dynamic Range Output is currently a Technology Preview feature on macOS. Please provide feedback on this feature in this forum thread.

Please see: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/using/hdr-output.html for more information.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2023 Jun 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been like this since ACR 15.3. Revert to the 15.2 and everything is okay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish this worked for all of photoshop, but so far my biggest annoyance is opening Camera Raw is difficult and most of my files refuse to open in it. So if I want to make an HDR image in avif, I have to jump through a ton of hoops. Meanwhile the normal editor works fine but doesn't support avif. 😞

The HDR quality is fantastic for images that work, but this feature is extremely difficult to use outside of photography. Cause 3D renders, created images, and other stuff only works half the time and is difficult to edit without layers and such.

Meanwhile the 360  HDR images I have (that i keep for renders) work extremely consistently, and even open in the windows photos app when saved as avif from camera raw. While my other images often refuse to open, and then when saving an avif won't open in the windows photos app. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is there a discontinuity in the histogram when working with HDR images in Adobe Camera Raw? The bins in the HDR segment seem to be scaled higher than the bins in the SDR segment. This discontinuity does not appear for the HDR histograms in Affinity Photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2023 Aug 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is some incredible work, hats off to the team for this technology preview!

Are there plans to integrate the naming convention & standards within ISO HDR still iamges? (ISO/TS 22028-5:2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are probably not going to refer to the standard by name (ISO 22028-5) within the product itself, because the name wouldn't be particularly meaningful to most photographers. However, the Camera Raw HDR Output Technology Preview does support HDR still images in the ISO 22028-5 format (open, edit, and save) in the AVIF, JPEG XL, PNG, PSD, and TIFF formats.  The final version of the feature will, too.  Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 09, 2023 Aug 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good news, latest Windows 11 Canary insider added JXR HDR wallpapers!

That means decades of not color managed Desktop wallpapers are over!

https://blogs.windows.com/windows-insider/2023/08/04/announcing-windows-11-insider-preview-build-259...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 10, 2023 Aug 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More reason photshop needs native HDR support on windows rather than have it be relegated to camera raw. 😠

Years behind on this! No one pays for photoshop to be behind the curve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 10, 2023 Aug 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Download JPEGXR Plug-in for Photoshop (Windows) from Official Microsoft Download Center

They also updated their JXR plugin but it seems like it's made for CS6 and doesn't work for me 😞

Any attempt to open or save gets an error. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines