• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Geometry Controls are no longer a separate panel and have moved to the Crop Panel

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update today to Camera Raw - loaded Bridge to use Camera Raw and can no longer see Geometry Panel

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Geometry controls are now found in the Crop Panel. 
Please see:https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/using/whats-new.html 

The Crop Panel is accessed by clicking the Crop Tool icon in the upper right of the UI.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 114 Replies 114
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2024 Mar 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how to fix it.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2024 Mar 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from cc desktop bugs">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2024 Mar 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you referring to the Geometry panel, which Adobe moved to be nested with the Crop Tool in Camera Raw 16.2?

geom.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Geometrie ist verschwunden seit Camera Raw update vorhin. Ein Tool das ich ununterbrochen nutze ... Wer denkt sich solche Verbesserungen aus?  Oder hat nur ein Entwickler wieder mal was versteckt?

Alternativ: wie komme ich auf die vorige Version zurück?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, hat sich erledigt. So ein Workflow-optimierer war der Meinung das ne Extra Rubrik für ein Tool und 3 mal klicken statt einmal sicher besser wäre ... ich hasse es wenn dinge verkompliziert werden.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2024 Apr 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was updated to 16.2.1 (why does this app force update even when all my other auto-updates are off?) - now I am missing the "Transform" panel.

Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 8.14.18 AM.png

When I go to edit the Panels to be shown, there is one that is showing as blank. Even if I check the box, the Transform panel does not re-appear.

Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 8.20.59 AM.png

Can your team please provide a link to downgrade back to a working form of this app? The option has been removed from Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read the thread. This has been answered by Adobe staff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guess my post got moved to this thread; had tried searching but couldn't find anything.

The blank panel in "Edit Panels to Show" still persists, as well as a change to the shortcuts of how to access panels. 

"Cmd + 1" used to get me to the first panel, but it is now no longer functioning. "Cmd + 2" is the first shortcut that opens a panel, taking away one the functionality of being able to reach as many panels.

Would still like to know how to downgrade the app if possible. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, some loss of functionality has not been addressed at all. 
I often have to correct the horizon in my photos (yes, my fault entirely). I used to do that by changing the spacing of the grid so that I had a line on or nearby the horizon. Then adjust the angle. Crop to the image (so that no white border is to be seen). Job done.
Now I have to adjust the grid spacing, enter crop tool, be annoyed that the grid has been moved, memorize where the neares line is when the grid is shown in the crop tool, leave the crop tool, adjust the grid a bit, go back to the crop tool, still not right, leave the crop tool, adjust grid spacing, back to crop tool. Finally I can adjust the angle and crop the image. 
Basically same story when you want to correct perspective distortions. 
It's a continuing annoyance.
It could be easily fixed when the grid parameter settings would be accessible in the crop tool. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These forced changes wouldn't be so inconvenient if they would allow us to still operate with the previous functionality. I don't know why they make these forced updates to switch everything around without allowing users to be able to revert the ways we have memorized through countless hours of muscle memory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using the G and C keys to move back and forth. Pressing G preserves the crop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that's helpful. Doesn't save me from going out of crop, adjusting the grid, then go in again and see if I was lucky to get it where I wanted. Can't see why I'm not given the chance to adjust the grid within the crop tool.

But your shortcuts will save me a few miles on the mouse! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Geometry section was moved to the crop section after the last update. Do I have to look on Reddit to find it? I searched for a solution for hours. I wish you would inform people about this change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to the Camera Raw forum, from the Photoshop forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2024 Apr 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shift + T will open it. (That's how I get to it now.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines