Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

P: Raw File Support - Requests and Information

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a complete overview on camera support in Photoshop and Lightroom, visit the following article:

Why doesn't my version of Photoshop or Lightroom support my camera?

1. Make sure your version of Photoshop or Lightroom is up-to-date for the latest camera support.
  2. If you own an older version of Photoshop (CS6 or earlier) or Lightroom (5 or earlier), Adobe provides backwards compatibility for the latest cameras through the FREE Adobe DNG Converter.
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
TOPICS
Cross-app workflows, macOS, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cannot directly import ARW files shot on new Sony ZV-E10 into Lightroom Classic (latest version, Mac). Does anyone have a fix for this problem?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This camera was just released in the last few weeks. No Adobe software will read the RAW from this camera at this time. Most likely (but no guarantees either), the next release of Lightroom Classic will contain support for reading the RAWs of this camera.

You probably need to use the SONY software provided with the camera.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help. That's what I was afraid of too. The Sony software is very limited but I don't see any other option at the moment.... Do you have any idea when this update might come?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any idea when this update might come?

By @darkblue.aircooled911

Adobe never tells us in advance. It could be tomorrow, it could be two months from tomorrow.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only people who know when updates will be released are Adobe employees, and they are not allowed to divulge such plans. You will know when an update is released that supports that camera when the release is made available. Whether or not that is the next release or the subsequent release remains to be seen. In the meantime, use the included software or just shoot JPEG images until support becomes available.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also waiting for the update

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also waiting for the update

By @thorstenf22379571

You will probably have to wait just as long as the original poster.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, the 10.4 release didn't include support for that model. Unless there is an interim update I suspect it will be approximately 3 months before You can expect an update that might include support. Don't quote me on that because I don't work for Adobe and don't have any inside information that would lend any credibility to that supposition.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's OK with LUMINIAR AI (lol)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

IF your camera is so new, it isn't listed here, nothing you can do for the time being. 

Every time Canon (or Nikon, or Sony etc) release a new cameras, they do this stupid trick of making yet a new proprietary raw file that everyone outside the company, including Adobe need access to so they can 'hack' the tiny differences to support that new proprietary raw. You the customer get to wait and are forced to use the manufacturers raw converter until this all takes place. It is silly but that's how it has been for decades. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its still embarassing for such a large company to not be proactive with major manufacturers. 

The camera has been in the hands of early reviewers for months now. One would think sony could coordinate this with adobe for release.   If it is more than one month after the official aug 31st release date then why bother renew service when my year expires coming soon if its literally unusable for me? 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@DanaF129 wrote:

Its still embarassing for such a large company to not be proactive with major manufacturers. 

The camera has been in the hands of early reviewers for months now. One would think sony could coordinate this with adobe for release.   

You can ask Sony if they did. Better, ask why they create a new proprietary raw for every release.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines