• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"The command camera raw filter is currently not available"- Editing 32 bit photos

Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All,

I use Lightroom and Photoshop to create HDR images by "Merge to HDR Pro in Photoshop"

I then would set the mode to 32 bit and click "tone in ACR", which would bring up ACR for that 32 bit smart object.

After updating my Lightroom and Photoshop today, I run into a problem. Photoshop says "the command camera raw filter is currently not available" after I click tone in ACR. It seems as though ACR will no longer let me use it with 32 bit images....

PLEASE HELP, this is how I do all of my professional work and need to resolve this ASAP. I have already tried reinstalling both Lightroom and Photoshop, and manually installing ACR to no avail.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Please see this document regarding the behavior change and workarounds:

Command 'Camera Raw filter' not available in Merge to HDR Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's my work around.

Update everything to the latest version.

Download and install https://helpx.adobe.com/content/dam/help/en/camera-raw/installer/CameraRaw_9_9.zip

Sorted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave!! that actually worked!!! !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave,

I tried installing from that zip file you linked. I have a 5k iMac. I can't seem to install it. Any tips at how I can accomplish this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hullodare, did you get the link sorted for your Mac?

If not, try this https://helpx.adobe.com/content/dam/help/en/camera-raw/installer/CameraRaw_9_9.pkg.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.You saved the day for me. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Dave -

This is crazy that Adobe would do this! Could I call you if I have further questions. I am on the road currently for a client and I am in a very tight spot with editing and need this fixed asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoa. Dave, Thank you. That worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great workaround, just tried it and everything works as intended. Good that I called Adobe phone support who just told me about this thread...

Thanks, you saved my day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is earth shatteringly bad news. 2nd time in the past several months this has happened. I absolutely depend on this. Why has there not been an update to fix this? My workflow took a long to to formulate and master. I have a fined tuned system of editing HDR images and having lost it in one fell swoop is beyond outrageous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So is this just not getting fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines