• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to activate GPU for imaging processing with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780Ti ?

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all !

I recently get a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780Ti  Graphic Card but I noticed I could not activate the GPU or image processing in CameraRaw (or LR). This is unfortunate, especially for high-GPU consuming processes, as the brand new "Denoise". Below the graphic card name I can read "Limited graphics acceleraion is enabled". I have updated the NVIDIA drivers and check everywhere but nothing works.

Does somebody have a 780Ti running well on Phtoshop and Ligthroom ? Any advice ?

I was thinking buying a new GPU (3060 for instance) but I would like to bu sure it will works. Is there a list of accepted graphic cards for Photoshop somewhere (as for Premiere: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/using/gpu-acceleration.html) ?

Dominique29558223e7ny_2-1682366623629.png

Photoshop says GPU compatibility is OK:

Dominique29558223e7ny_3-1682366867498.png

Thanks for you help !

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GeForce RTX 3060 Ti works fine for me. Also use RTX A4500 successfully on another PC but expensive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks ! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 ti graphic card doesn't fully support DirectX 12, so that's the reason

for the Limited graphics acceleration in camera raw and LR.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/acr-gpu-faq.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, 780 is too old.

+1 for the RTX 3060. Works splendidly here. This is a moderately priced mid-range card, but has plenty power for Denoise in ACR/Lightroom (and anything else you can throw at it in Photoshop). Rock solid. 

I'd be curious to know if the higher numbers (3070-3080-3090) perform better with Denoise. They probably do, but so far I haven't seen any timings from these cards. But in the context of these applications, I'm not sure it's worth the extra cost. The sweet spot is often a good place to be 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines