• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Add "Open as Layers in Photoshop" option

Enthusiast ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add "Open as Layers in Photoshop" option to ACR (like in Lightroom).

IvanZayats_0-1671134536115.png

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
14 Comments
Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello
How to open photos from Camera raw as layers in Photoshop. There is this possibility under Lr and Bridge but I would like to do it from ACR. Otherwise I go through the stack after opening them in Ps. Is there another faster method?
Thank you in advance for your answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not install Lightroom for it does not support layered image files.  Photoshop does not have support for RAW files but will Open RAW file by using its Plug-in ACR  which will convert the Camera RAW  Mosaic data into and RGB image which can be open as a  normal Photoshop document with a Raster image layer or opened as a smart object layer with a Camera RAW object.   Even  Raw File pass to Photoshop by Lightroom are opened through Photoshop Plug-in ACR for Photoshop does not  support RAW files.  ACR can use Lightroom's recorded  conversion settings for ACR and Lightroom use the same Adobe RAW conversion engine.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer but I am aware of all this. My question was the
possibility of opening several images processed in ACR as layers in PS in
the same .psd without having to stack them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can you have multiple layer in a psd and not have a layer  stack.  Even if each layer's pixel content are in different locations over the canvas you still have  the smart object layers or raster image layer in your Photoshop documen'ts layer stack.  That is how Photoshop  layer work.  You can Select multiple images in Photoshop menu File>Open dialog.  ACR UI will open and all the Files thumbnail will be in ACR image film strip. You can select all  of then and have ACR create Photoshop Document for all of them.  The images will not be stacked each image will be in its own document. 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly you mean by stack? One image on top of another in the layers panel or something else? Do you mean to open several images in ACR then to load them as layers in Photoshop in single document or to open images in separate documentd? Can you post some screenshot to ilustrate what you want to accomplish?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bojan

This is your 3rd proposal: I want to open several images in ACR then load them as layers in Photoshop in a single document without any other maneuver as we can do it from the library of Lr ( Menu >> edit in >> open as layers in Ps).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom and ACR are running same processing engine but Lightroom has more features. ACR does not offer functionality to open selected images in Photoshop as layers stacked one on top of another, you must use Bridge or Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't find a solution anywhere so thank you for your confirmation. Other than that it's a shame that this function does not exist.
Thank you to you 2 for your answers
JLP

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/open-as-layers-in-ps-from-acr/td-p/11...

Over there, they never made this a feature request as you did. You might want to post in that thread that you've opened an actual feature request here and get them to vote on this (which is key)! I have upvoted; I see no reason why this shouldn't be doable like LR unless engineering can tell us why. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Voted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Voted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just voted as well. Here it is, February of 2023, and still no ability to "Open as Layers in Photoshop" directly from ACR. That makes absolutely ZERO sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2024 Jan 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to see camera raw send multiple images to photoshop in layers in a single document like lightroom does...Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2024 Jan 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Id like to see a feature added to camera raw that will allow you to stack images into layers in photoshop, like u can do with lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate