• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: (Gen AI) Add Expand Cropping

Engaged ,
Jun 03, 2024 Jun 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add generative expand for cropping in Adobe Camera Raw. I love that Geneative AI is added as an opton for "remmove," but it would be GREAT if we could expand the crop area byond the original image and use Generative AI to expand...just like in Photoshop.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
9 Comments
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2023 Aug 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a suggestion for future updates - please consider adding a simple extend background option - that would make editing so much easier and streamline. It would change my life and save so much time in editing ❤️❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please enlighten me ... what would "extend background" do that isn't already available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take out the step of transferring photo from Lightroom to photoshop. That's only thing I use photoshop for and of Lightroom has that option, wouldn't need to use both programs 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take out the step of transferring photo from Lightroom to photoshop. That's only thing I use photoshop for and of Lightroom has that option, wouldn't need to use both programs 

That doesn't really answer what is an "EXTENDED background". LrC already has the ability to find backgrounds right now, what is an EXTENDED background, how is it different than just a regular background?

Did you change the title? It no longer seems to match the question about extended background. What does Expand Image Canvas via Crop have to do with extending the background?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is so odd because I didnt change the title myself but it is changed now from the original.

What i mean is if I take an image with my 50mm and it's too tight sometimes for printing purposes or posting online I want to extend the sky or foreground or extends the sides (I am mostly family beach photographer) and now to do that I have to Do that in PS. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Sep 09, 2023 Sep 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm absolutely with you!!
a feature for a generative expand (expanding the canvas size with generative fill) maybe also additionally after geometric transformations and the need to automatically fill the empty areas => this would be an absolute gamechanger!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2024 Jul 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

please add generative expand for lightroom across phone/tablet/computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2024 Jul 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed.  Since this limitation, I have to open the files in Photoshop to do cropping with content awareness fill.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2024 Aug 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Add an ability to use AI fill like in photoshop in the crop tool.

We already have AI erase so all the features are there. Just let us have a quick way when turning the canvas fill in the missing corner

Votes

Translate

Translate