• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Need better zooming

LEGEND ,
May 01, 2013 May 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we have an improved zoom for Lightroom? At the moment you can pick 1, possibly 2 and then the toggle jumps around between 100%, fit, fill and whatever you have selected.With the advent of the radial tool, there is often the need to zoom out to 1/8 or even 1/16th.Photoshop has a great zoom, press a key and roll the mouse, how about implementing something like that, even if it has to do discrete steps300%, 200%, 100%, fill, fit, 50%, 25%, 12% 6%, that would be perfect.If there are logistical issues with the mouse wheel, how about actually making the CMD + and CMD - that is the current zoom actually work properly.This would be a worthy improvement for LR4 to LR5.

Idea Planned
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Updating Status

Status Planned

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Greetings,

Updates for the Adobe Photography Products were officially released on 10.20.2020 that include updates for the Zoom tool. Please install the most recent update. Please let us know if you encounter any issues.

This feature request will be marked complete. Additional zoom enhancements will need to be created in a new Idea post.

Thank you for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate
44 Comments
LEGEND ,
Oct 11, 2016 Oct 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My first LR and the zoom is really crummy.  I have been so accustomed the PSE scroll wheel zoom option,it is simply a better way to zoom. It surprises me that LR really gave it little thought or too much. PSE has much better zoom and clone tools,also Helicon is much better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After using PS for years and using LR now for cataloging I can't believe how clumsy and awkward the zooming is. 
Why the stupid presets? at least give users the option to cycle through using CMD =/- as in PS.
And this thread started 5 years ago? Way to listen Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like a lot of UI choices, this should be done EXACTLY the way Aperture implements it. Seriously guys, zoom blows in Lightroom. Its awful. Worthless. Whoever approved the implementation should be fired.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come on, Adobe, zooming in Lightroom is absolutely cumbersome. Take a look at ACR or Potoshop, PLEASE!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come on Adobe. Serious improvement in Lightroom zoom is necessary!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Adobe, please give us something as basic as a proper zooming function in LR!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently posted a question to Adobe Support on Twitter and this was the response:

"Hi John, we're really sorry for that. What I can do from here that I will notify the team about this feature request but I am not sure will this feature will be incorporated in Lightroom in the future. Thanks."

In other words: "don't hold your breath, we have more important AI things to add than helping with basic function"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That kind on non-committal answer just means they're not allowed to say yes, no or maybe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aperture had incremental zoom levels, years ago. And an adjustment palette that you could display while full screen. And about six dozen other things that are better than Lightroom.

I don't understand how the Lightroom team could ignore a superior example. :slow burn:

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or just look at Photoshop.
Having the tried and true method used there as an added option to the current kludge would make me happy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 05, 2019 May 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New to Lightroom.  I completely agree with you, Hamish!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to be able to zoom in a continuous fashion from fit view to whatever, instead of chunking bigger, smaller, then bigger again in multiples.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These discussions always seem to follow the same path - the OP doesn't like the way a function works and the replies always split pretty evenly between those who agree and those for whom the function could hardly be improved. What mystifies me is why we can't have choice? Let each app have it's own idiosyncratic ways of doing things but give the user the choice of how they work. As someone who is swapping between LR, PS, Illustrator, In Design and Bridge I certainly have preference about how I'd like things like the zoom to work but what really drives me nuts is that they are ALL different. I'd like to see a preference in each app "match shortcuts to ..." whichever app you prefer. The ability to work seamlessly across different apps is a great thing but it could be way way better if basic shortcuts and functions could be made consistent. In my opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click the little up/down arrows next to your blue arrow you drew for a dropdown of the other zoom ratios

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS, ID, and AI all use the keyboard (Mac) of Command - and Command =  to cycle up and down through zoom levels. I would just like LR to offer this along with the kludge which is used now.
Why LR had to take something that worked just fine and create a new obtuse method to do what users were already comfortable with, is confusing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

Updates for the Adobe Photography Products were officially released on 10.20.2020 that include updates for the Zoom tool. Please install the most recent update. Please let us know if you encounter any issues.

This feature request will be marked complete. Additional zoom enhancements will need to be created in a new Idea post.

Thank you for your patience.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do we enable the new scrubby zoom feature?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Updating Status

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Planned

Votes