• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Please add support for lenses Canon EF 8-15mm F4 L Fisheye USM

LEGEND ,
Aug 08, 2011 Aug 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CS5/Lightroom: Please add support for lenses Canon EF 8-15mm F4 L Fisheye USM

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 14, 2011 Aug 14, 2011
Thanks for your request. If you weren't aware already, you can create your own lens profiles with the Adobe Lens Profile Creator or you can download user-contributed profile for that lenses through the Adobe Lens Profile Downloader.

Votes

Translate

Translate
22 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2011 Aug 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your request. If you weren't aware already, you can create your own lens profiles with the Adobe Lens Profile Creator or you can download user-contributed profile for that lenses through the Adobe Lens Profile Downloader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 10, 2012 Mar 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too would like to see this in the next official update. It's been a considerable time since the lens was released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 19, 2013 Feb 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using an A4 printer its almost impossible to calibrate the lens at 8mm as the image becomes almost invisible at the extremes hence why we're asking Adobe to provide one as its not possible even using the tool to create one. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 22, 2013 Jun 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. This lens is almost 3 years old now. Where the heck is the profile? What gives?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 02, 2013 Jul 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've noted the request for the 8-15 profile. Keep in mind it's a specialty optic and that's why we've given priority to other more standard Canon designs, such as the 24-70 f/4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 05, 2013 Jul 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this mean that you might finally be looking at releasing the profile then?
As stated by others, we've stood in line (mostly) patiently for a long time now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would think a lens that is recommended for Google Trusted Photographers this profile would be more available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would think a lens that is recommended for Google Trusted Photographers this profile would be more available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I took me less than two hours, start to finish, to create the profile for my Tokina 10-17 zoom fisheye.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Jul 06, 2013 Jul 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If someone sends me a lens, I will profile it and share it with the world via the Adobe Lens Profile Downloader. It isn't that hard as Lee Jay says. If you need it that badly, why not create one.

Oh, Wait! I looked and you can get it via the Adobe Lens Profile downloader already for either a Crop or a Full Frame sensor...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 13, 2013 Aug 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Employee Eric Chan says: "it's a specialty optic". Yes, well, that's why we want a profile. I don't understand, why we'd have to wait. The Lens Profile Creator could be useful for "old" manual lenses, point-and-shoots, etc. But hey, we buy Photoshop, we buy expensive lenses and neither Canon nor Adobe are able to spend a day or so to provide a profile and help thousands of their customers?? That's really poor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly do you want the profile to do? Do you want it to transform the fisheye look to a rectilinear look? e.g., take the 8 mm circular image and turn it into a rectangle and fill the frame?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Lens Profile Creator works with any lens.
And it would be much quicker for you to create the profile than waiting for Adobe to work through the hundreds of lens profiles that customers have requested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx Eric Chan for fast reply. In general I would like a profile to perform an optimisation in regards of distortion and vignetting. Distortion can be very complex and should best be corrected by professionals from Adobe and camera/lens manufacturers, not by hobbyists ... In particular a fisheye lens should have an optional correction towards rectilinear, you got it 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to rely on profiles made by professionals. For example Zeiss provided very good profiles to Adobe ... Why does Adobe not force lens manufacturers to deliver profiles to hundreds of thousands of paying customers? I don't understand the idea of letting customers create profiles on their own, when there is no reliable proof of quality ... In the end it's the picture quality that counts. And it should be the concern of the manufacturers to deliver best possible quality ... and for the customer to use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct Chromatic Aberration, please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How exactly would Adobe "force" lens makers to deliver profiles?

And customers create and distribute many kinds of presets for Photoshop -- other users judge the quality of the user generated content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our lens profiles no longer correct chromatic aberration. Instead, use the Remove Chromatic Aberration checkbox in the Color tab in the Lens Correction panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ACR 6.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of curiosity, why are you using 6.6 instead of 6.7?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 11, 2014 Jun 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I have a good hint for Canon 8-15 mm Fisheye users!

While there is still no dedicated profile for this lens, there IS the profile for Canon 15 mm F/2.8 Fisheye, and it works very well for the photos made at the tele end of 8-15 mm zoom. Actually, it makes no sense to correct the images made at 8 mm.

Just select "Custom" setup from the drop-down list, then select "Canon 15 mm F/2.8", and finally click on "Save New Lens Profile Defaults" in "Setup" list. Voilà, now this profile will be applied to this lens' photos by default, if you check the corresponding checkbox.

I prefer to reduce the amount of Distortion correction by ca. 10-15% to get the more "natural" look of corrected images.

Votes

Translate

Translate