• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Revert UI to older Camera Raw UI (12.2.1) after Interface Changes

LEGEND ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after updating photoshop , when i opened it for the first time there was option to use camera raw as it is (vertical film) or to change it to new UI (with new look and horizontal filmstrip ), i just clicked new UI to see how it looks , i thought if i dont like it i will just go back to using older UI but there is no option to select older UI , i contacted adobe but person who was helping me just suggested that i should install older version of camera raw or ask for help from this forum , i found it bit frustrating that if there was simple option to choose new UI so why not give option to revert back to older UI with newly updated software. maybe its bug or adobe forcing people to use new UI even if they dont like it

Idea Declined Locked
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Thank you for continuing to provide valuable feedback on the recent UI changes in Adobe Camera Raw 12.3. For some customers these changes have disrupted existing workflows, particularly for in-process projects. To mitigate these issues we have offered a roll back to version 12.2.1 so that you can continue your current projects under the old UI.

Adobe updated the Camera Raw user interface for several reasons. The new design supports commonly-requested features, such as a horizontal filmstrip, a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020
If you want to refer to 12.2.1, you can do so here: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html#12_x

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 788 Replies 788
788 Comments
Explorer ,
Dec 30, 2022 Dec 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Lumigraphics You are mistaking the facts with ad honimen attacks. I am only stating the obvious. One of the interfaces below is a UIX and the other is a GUI. One looks like you are about to buy something off the internet the other looks like you are about to edit image files.

It is not a matter of whether you adjusted to this or not you are just accepting the horrible methodology. Using a desktop computer with a mouse and keyboard with the UIX ACR it takes at the very least twice as much time to do the same thing with the added mousing scrolling and clicking needed to carry out the same tasks in the GUI of ACR 12.2.1.

Any body having to process large amounts of images only equals lost productivity. If editing time used to take 3 hours per job now it takes 6 hours. One of the major factors with the UIX ACR is how fatiguing it is to the eye you have to take a break from all the nonsense scrolling mousing and clicking whcih adds to lost productivity.

I love how there is always the response well you will have to just get along with it. To all the naysayers who would say no to cutting your production time in half by using a fuctinal GUI like ACR 12.2.1?

ACR12.3.jpgACR12.2.1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any body having to process large amounts of images only equals lost productivity.”

When you speak for everyone (”Any body”) rather than just yourself, it's impossible to take you seriously.

It will be fun to see where all these generalizations and assumptions get you when returning to this thead in another two years.

Not that one side will tell you “we told you so”. 

I love how there is always the response well you will have to just get along with it.”

You do not. You can roll back to whatever version you prefer. You can try to learn to use another tool. You can try to learn this existing tool. Your call. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@TheDigitalDog I agree completely with Fred's assessment.  I also believe the majority of people that use ACR professionally would agree.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@TheDigitalDog I am not speaking for everyone I am speaking on behalf to how the software behaves. It behaves equally for everyone. The UIX ACR takes expontential more mousing scrolling and clicking to do the same thing in the GUI of ACR 12.2.1. There is no question about that. It doesn't behave this way just for me it behaves exactly the same for everyone.

It's funny how you target me as "speaking" for everyone when all your post's are about telling people to just get in line with everybody else. You keep talking about this thread and how Adobe doesn't care because of the views and the likes get serious. It is clear these huge companies use social media like these boards to keep people in line. Adobe moved to a consumer based UIX which isn't about productivity but getting the user one click away from buying something. They abandoned the Pro user for the mom and dad Lightroom user paying for cloud storage space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 31, 2022 Dec 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

“I also believe the majority of people that use ACR professionally would agree.  ”

You are welcome to believe that. I'm simply pointing out the facts of the results of the outcome tallied thus far here. That data doesn't support the belief. Like many beliefs.

"Tell people that there’s an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure." - George Carlin

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel compelled to add fuel to this fire.

I use Windows 11.

I also use ACR in a professional capacity.

I like virtually everything about it. It alows me to do exactly what I want in an efficient manner.

So my single case negates broad statements about everybody disliking it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mr Bloodaxe,  great to hear you and ACR get on so well.   How many images a year do you process through ACR?    Also do you still use Lightroom Classic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mr. Bloodaxe, Whatever answer you provide will be dismissed by “some” here. Such people cannot agree to disagree and move forward in a constructive fashion. And dog forbid you still use Lightroom Classic.😱

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I am more or less retired now so my work load has reduced considerably . I'm afraid I don't keep a count of images processed but several thousand I guess.

I use Lightroom Classic for two purposes only:

1. The collections facility is far superior to that offered by Adobe Bridge.
  2.  Geotagging images is very effective in Lightroom using the Map Module or by using J. Freidl's Geotagging Plugin 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my gosh. Can you guys give it up. You've beat this horse to death an beyond.

Sometimes (many times) progress is two steps forward and one stpe back - but still progress. I try to look forward and stop whining for the past. And if I don't like what forward looks like I choose a different direction.

But enough of the ussless banter. I get an email everytime one of you responds - wish it was something worthwhile reading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Mr Bloodaxe, I totally accept your findings for your situation.  Of those that have issue with the UI it does tend to be the less-retired, high-volume photographers who really noticed the slowdown in productivity, whilst those who are able to spend more time per image are probably affected less by the extra seconds it takes for every image for a quick turnaround.  For me personally the new UI initially doubled my workload, that has reduced since down to only an extra 30%  (from an average of  40sec per image to around a minute) , which could easily be retrieved if our UI suggestions were put in place alongside the new UI. 

(I feel no need to stoop down to respond to the resident dog, whose knowledge I respect but attitute I detest.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is definitely going nowhere. I find the two UIs pretty much equal. And I don't expect Adobe to switch this up anytime soon. 🤷‍:male_sign:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2023 Jul 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I lost my Mac Mini M1 in a fire. I was using ACR 12.2.1. I replaced it with a mew MacBook Air M2. Is is possible to run ACR 12.2.1 on it. There seems to be no way to go back at all. The current ACR UIX is a peice of garbage. It's useless for any serious work.

Votes

Translate

Translate