• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Should allow exporting raw files with settings/changes

LEGEND ,
Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would be great if the app had the option to export a raw file with the adjustments made within the app, so that you can continue editing on LR desktop. The app only allows to export the original file without any changes.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
25 Comments
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2017 Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume we're talking about the Lightroom mobile apps?

You know you can just enable sync if you're a subscriber, and the photo and its settings sync back to the LR desktop?

Or is this because you're using the free Lightroom mobile app and an older version of Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 29, 2019 May 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still would be nice to have that raw if I wish to edit on my iPad in different application.
I’m a subscriber and it’s not an option,only the original without the changes...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Victoria,
What is "...the free Lightroom mobile app?" I assume it require a CC plan? I have LR Perpetual V6.14 and would like to export photos for viewing (no editing) to my iPad and Android phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Lightroom mobile app works in a limited form without a subscription as long as you don't sign in with your Adobe ID. There's no file sync, but it can work with local images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dor, to retain the edits when passing to another app, you'd need to save as a JPEG. A raw file is just that - raw, unprocessed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I do that? Are the instructions in your book "Missing FAQ?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mobile-related questions (other than how to sync Classic) are in the Edit Like a Pro book because it's part of the Lightroom cloud ecosystem rather than Lightroom Classic.

Essentially you'd need to export the photos from Classic, get them onto your iPad/phone (for example, by uploading them to Dropbox or putting them on a memory card) and then import into Lightroom mobile on the devices. Way way way easier with a subscription though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom Mobile when you "Export Original" it only exports the RAW file and changes the name from the original.  It should keep the same name and also export an XMP file with the edits and metadata like Lightroom Classic does. It can't be that hard to implement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps the uploading would be easier but I'm not willing to subject myself to the continuing barrage of bugs with each new CC update. Grrrrr
Adobe have really lost my confidence in them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following this forum does make it look like there's a million bugs, but from experience, I don't think there's any more than the LR4-6 cycles. There's just a lot more potential to go wrong and a lot more legacy code than there was in the early days. That said, it's much easier to roll back or forwards these days, so although there's no excuse for bugs, there's nothing to stop you settling on a release that's working well for you even with the subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And also- why only JPG, so compressed.
TIFF would be a better option.
Regarding the ‘mobile’ a lot of people actually using it on the iPad Pro, so it would be reasonable to have a TIFF and more option from Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a subscriber and I use both iPadOS version and macOS version, and I always save RAW files and sidecar settings files for backup. Sometimes I import RAW files directly into my iPad Pro and edit them, and I just don't see the point of waiting it to sync hundreds of 80MB RAW files and re-download all of them on my Mac (which could take hours) while adding this feature on iPadOS can make my backup workflow done within seconds. So either letting iPadOS users to export RAW files with sidecar settings or desktop users to export settings only would be great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking to move away from laptop / desktop entirely for my workflow, I would love to be able to export Raw / Sidecar files on my iPad Pro and push them to my NAS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On IOS 13 you can export to DNG and it will include the XMP metadata like Classic does.  The present version has a bug where the Ratings (stars) are not in the metadata.  Maybe it will get fixed.

I too wish they would update the Export as Original to write a REAL XMP file beside the RAW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is several years since Mobile LR exists.....
LR Motive shown in interface WEB - impossible to export developments performed in Mobile LR if they like to recover the original raw (therefore we must do again development in CaméraRaw to have the sidecare .xmp!

Mobile LR on iPad no correlations with Mobile PS???
Mobile LR on iPad does not show the apperçu of a .tiff file recorded in the catalogue Cloud and fichier.tif on Cloud!

Mobile LR on PC or MAC, - possibility of étier a raw in fixed PS, the .tiff will be edited with corrections LR mobile in fixed PS turned on Cloud and listed in the catalogue Cloud. If synchronization is speeded up, the .tif will be repatriate in LRClassic!

Finally a true 'brothel ' how please that we the consumers trust in you if this type of dysfunction not not justified or confessed.

Today, I regret to say to you, that if the groups of developments PS and LR do not grant violins them you will be fast taken to be buffoons greedy for currency!

Because for me, these are bugs and nothing else...

We demand answers and precision on the future of this actual brothel!

And no link towards your Evangelists and other one animators who row when they raise them this type of problem, because they are as divested as we owe this lack.

Yves Crausaz, Suisse, retraité actif dans le monde de la photo et des arts graphiques.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m sorry, but this seems to be another Google Translate failure. I have no idea what you are saying. Lightroom Mobile can export as DNG, which would be raw + settings if the original is raw. Does that answer the question?...
-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could revers translate some of it and it would be quite funny to read. Long story short: if you export the raw, you don’t get the xmp, so importing the raw again brings you to square one. There’s the tiff, but that’s not non-destructive.

Bottom line: there’s still a need for offline sync. Requested a thousand times but Adobe being Adobe, it’s like peeing in a violin (also a google translate fail).

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree 100%   When using Lightroom Mobile "Export as Original" needs to also export the XMP sidecar like Classic does but I sincerely doubt that will ever happen.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

J'importe dans LR Mobile des Raw depuis un apn Olympus donc pas des .dng mais des .orf.....
Depuis LR Mobile affiché dans le navigateur WEB, impossible de récupérer le .orf ainsi que le .xmp contenant le développement LR !
Yves Crausaz, Suisse, retraité actif dans le monde de la photo et des arts graphiques.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick trans: importing .orw on mobile, when exporting raws doesn’t work. Neither are .xmp

—> The absence of .xmp is a request (like offline sync). Again, the violin. It also goes against Adobe’s business model which is selling more storage space. And knowing Adobe way of working, you can basically forget about it, as it wouldn’t increase their profitability.

—> not being able to recover raw file seem to be a bug. Open a new specific ticket for that. (9 chances on 10 they fill come with a good excuse or « it’s by design, you’re using it wrong » or any other bullshit).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oui je peux très bien récupérer le fichier brut, ce qui me désole, que je ne puisse pas récupérer les données de développement définies dans LR Mobile... Si on pouvait récupérer un fichier .dng contenant les données de développement, je serai déjà contant !

A ce jour depuis l'interface Web, on ne peut récupérer si RAW enregistré dans le Cloud, que le jpeg corrigé à 100% de sa taille ou un téléchargement du raw sans développement à son format d'origine.

Allors ajoutez au moins un .tif avec le développement LR pour que nous puission l'utiliser dans d'autres logiciels !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glups ! Indeed, web does not allow that! 😮

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, but like I said: there is a good work around. Export as DNG. That will include the edit settings, as you can see when you open the exported DNG in Camera Raw.
-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Mais Exporter sous depuis l'interface WEB de LR Mobile n'existe pas !
Il n'y a que .jpeg et Original !

Votes

Translate

Translate