• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Support for Canon .CR3 Camera-matching Profiles

Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is currently zero support for .CR3 camera color profiles in Lightroom... especially since the newer Canon cameras use a .CR3 format... making it difficult to get work done. Only slightly surprised that this wasnt planned for beforehand since there still isnt a 64bit version of the adobe programs that i can use on the most current version of MacOS.

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Updates to the Adobe Photography Products were released today and contain an update for this topic. Please install the update via your Creative Cloud Desktop App or your respective App Store. 

Camera Matching Profiles are now available for:

• Canon EOS 90D
  • Canon EOS 250D
  • Canon EOS 850D
  • Canon EOS M6 Mark II
  • Canon EOS M50 Mark II
  • Canon EOS M200
  • Canon EOS RP
  • Canon EOS Ra

Note: 

You may need to refresh the Creative Cloud App for desktop software to show an update.  ([Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+ [ R ]

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Greetings,

The Max 2021 Photography products updates have been released and include remedies for this topic.  The updates will be rolling out worldwide, October 26 and 27, 2021. If you do not see the updates in your Creative Cloud Desktop app, you can refresh the apps to see if the updates are available in your region.  The keyboard shortcut to refresh is [Cmd/Ctrl] + [Opt/Alt] + [ R ]. 

Note: iOS and Android updates may take up to a week to appear in your App Store.

Thank you for your pat

Status Released

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 501 Replies 501
501 Comments
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is great! I also looked for the X100V under Lens Correction (Enable Profile Corrections). Its not there. To bad that was not added at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Classic neg est disponible dans Lightroom mais le Fuji X100V n'est pas reconnu dans les profils d'objectifs!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've updated to 12.2.1, and yes, there is classic negative for my x100v finally, thanks for help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw that after updating.  A pleasant surprise.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea.  The RP is now over a year old and no Camera matching profiles yet.  Nor do the 90D or the 1DX3 have Camera matching profiles.  I am on LR Classic 9.2.1 and Camera Raw 12.2.1.

Would be good to know if Adobe has just given up on Canon Camera matching profiles.  If so, this is a big deal and will influence of a lot of us who rely on LR. I sure hope they are going to fix it.  It makes LR produce far inferior results to the Canon JPG colors, WB, etc. and nearly impossible to match LR images with SOOC images in a set.

Let's say I shoot a session and send off a few the best images which are SOOC JPGs as early samples.  Then I pull the whole set of RAWs into LR to clone out blemishes, fix highlight and shadow issues, etc. and I can't achieve anything close to the images I already sent in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm referring to the 1DX MkIII. My apologies for leaving that out. Didnt know there were that many cameras out now using .CR3 format. The 1DX MkII has camera standard etc in LR so I guess I have to wait?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm referring to the 1DX MkIII... the MkII has camera standard etc as color profiles in LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no Canon matching profiles for the 1DX3 (or for that matter for the RP, 90D and 1DX3 and others too but these are the three bodies that affect me).  Will they ever be delivered?  When?  This is a serious impediment to pro and semi-pro photogs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. I'm using the most current version of lightroom 9.12 or whatever it is. I cannot update my mac OS because if I do then none of the adobe programs will work... ask me how that felt when I had to wipe the computer to reinstall everything in the middle of a weekend shoot...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an option for adobe standard but that is not "Camera Standard" as I would get with the 1DX Mk II or the 5D MkIII... I know the camera is new but they supposedly have been working on this since september?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The following is the list of Canon cameras currently using the CR3    format and their release dates:
    EOS M50 / Kiss M    04/2018
    EOS R    09/2018
    PowerShot SX70 HS    09/2018
    EOS RP    02/2019
    EOS Rebel SL3 / 250D / Kiss X10    04/2019
    Powershot G5 X Mark II    07/2019
    PowerShot G7 X Mark III    07/2019
    EOS M6 Mark II    08/2019
    EOS 90D    08/2019
    EOS M200    09/2019
    EOS 1DX Mark III    01/2020
    850D / T8i / Kiss X10i    02/2020

Of these only the EOS R has "Camera Matching" profiles in LR/ACR and this feat was accomplished by Adobe taking advantage of the fact that the 5DIV and the EOS R have the same sensor and "rebranding" old 5DIV profiles. Adobe has said that the CR3 code has presented extraordinary resistance to their efforts to understand it  - despite the fact that analysts like Phil Harvey, Alexey Danilchenko and others have published quite a lot of Open Source data.

It is hard  to understand Adobe's neglect in this area.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But why not Lightroom Classic! I bought that piece of software for more than 100£ before adobe ditched it and went CC. it is not fair!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rikk Flohr,Is this available only for Lightroom creative cloud? What about the standalone licences? I had purchased a desktop licence 2 yrs ago and i Dont see any new updates for that yet!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updates for Standalone licenses (6.14) for Lightroom ended in December 2017.  There are no more updates after that date. 

Subscribing to Lightroom Classic is the way to get these updates now. 
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue.  The 1DX Mark III has no supporting camera color profiles.   Adobe team, any news on when this will be supported?  This is Canon's flagship new camera - it's hard to believe that your program doesn't support the color profiles.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It not only ”supports” profiles, you can and often should make your own custom profiles.
Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what you mean that it supports profiles.  The issue is that it doesn't support Canon .CR3 profiles.  There are other profiles like Adobe and yes, you can make custom, but many times the Camera manufacturer profiles are quite useful.  

Other Canon formats like .CR2 are supported.  Not sure why .CR3 isn't supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No... I think you are misunderstanding or are clearly mistaken... the only optional for color profiles are Adobe color, adobe standard etc. There are no "camera standard" and so on profiles. As with pretty much all the other available camera bodies...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got two different Canon bodies and both Adobe supplied and better custom built profiles. NOT all cameras Canon or otherwise have Adobe Camera Matching profiles and Adobe never promised this.
Edit: LR and ACR have never supported ICC camera profiles if that's what you mean.
Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has always supported camera profiles, as well as lens profiles.  One of the benefits of using the subscription is that you have access to these updates.  The issue is they haven't kept up with the profiles of the latest Canon bodies. All of my other Canon bodies are supported (1DX2, 7D2, 5D3, 5DSR) - it's only the latest model that isn't supported.  I don't believe it's unreasonable to expect that Adobe supports the latest camera profiles.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/getting-the-most-out-of-this-forum-what-does-...

Referring to Camera Matching Profiles. 
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Third party camera matching profiles have just been released for 1DX Mark 3: Camera Standard, Portrait and Low/Medium/High general puropse profiles. They appear to work well and are much improved from Adobe Color renderings.
Not sure if I'm allowed to post the link here or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still not seeing these profiles in LrC.  Are these "Color Fidelity" profiles what you mean by Camera standard?  And when will they be available in LR?

Votes

Translate

Translate