• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw Program Error

Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This must have happened with a recent update, but I'm not able to open Raw files in Bridge CC (8,0.1.282 x64) or Photoshop CC (19.1.5).  When I try, I get an error box with the title, "Adobe Photoshop CC 2018" and the message, ""Could not complete your request because of a program error."

I have uninstalled and reinstalled both programs, including an earlier version of PS CC, to no avail.  I get the error whether I use the "open in Camera Raw" command in Bridge or attempt to open the file directly in PS.  In addition, the Camera Raw filter in PS is not working.

Curiously, I AM able to use Camera Raw in Lightroom Classic CC.

Need help here!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

It looks like your ACR plugin is missing… You can download and run the 10.4 ACR standaslone installer from here: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you updated the camera raw plug-in for Photoshop? In Lightroom, you are not accessing the camera raw plug-in. That technology is part of the Lightroom program. Do you know what version of the plug-in is installed on your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I’m using the most recent version of Camera Raw.  What’s really weird is that the “open in camera raw” command in Bridge worked one time since this started happening. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like your ACR plugin is missing… You can download and run the 10.4 ACR standaslone installer from here: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, Michelle!  That fixed the problem.

It didn't even occur to me because Camera Raw was listed in the Creative Cloud Apps panel with the text, "up to date."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Michelle, you solved my problem! Thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines