Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DNG preview is distorted when uploading to DropBox

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2019 Aug 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

would be great if you could help me in solving the issue I am having with my DNG files.

I am using Lightroom Classic latest version.  I created a preset and export it as a DNG file. Yet when uploading to the dropbox the DNG preview is not "readable", yet when you download it works, however, online (in file previewer it looks distorted).  Please help... I tried to update by Adobe camera, and even installed DNG converter yet it does not help.

Screenshot and link to the file in included.

Link to the folder: Dropbox - Love in Fall Preset - Simplify your life

some of them are not even showing the preview image.

Thanks, AlexUntitled-5.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 10, 2019 Aug 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not a real expert in this area. However, "I think" the problem is that when you try to view the DNG file online the online browser doesn't have a raw converter and isn't able to accurately convert the raw data in the DNG file. It might be better to upload a JPEG or TIF file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DNG files do contain a jpg preview, although you can, at least in the DNG converter, choose to have no preview.

Web browsers, and other applications that cannot read the DNG file, will display the jpg preview.

I downloaded the files, and some applications will display the preview correctly, while others won't.

So I guess that something is wrong with the preview, but I have no idea what the problem is.

But why are you using DNG?

I assume that you want to share these files, and most people wouldn't know what to do with a DNG file, or even have the software to open it.

I agree with JimHess that it would be better to use tiff or jpg for sharing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What is the purpose of uploading a DNG that is created from a JPG with LR Develop settings applied?

Does DropBox show a preview ok if you export a DNG from a raw image?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines