Highlighted

My letter to Adobe and anyone else who dislikes the Adobe Camera RAW 12.3 update

Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been a long time Adobe fan. I have been a professional photographer and photojournalist for many years and I currently own a graphic design company. As a long-time Cloud subscriber, I have always been okay with the changes and updates Adobe has put in place. However, the latest Camera RAW update is absolutely terrible. The drop-down tabs require me to scroll down thus slowing my workflow, the layout is counterintuitive, everything is renamed, moved and regrouped, and it looks like a cheap 1980's Atari video game. I, my colleagues, and my staff, absolutely hate it. I have always relied on Adobe Bridge, RAW, and Photoshop for my workflow as I never liked Lightroom. I understand the new RAW is more like Lightroom, but I never liked Lightroom. I have to say, for the first time in 10 years, I am considering dropping the Adobe Cloud from all my business and personal computers. Please Adobe, I beg you, for the love of God, give the old RAW UI back to us.

Topics

Download and install, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

My letter to Adobe and anyone else who dislikes the Adobe Camera RAW 12.3 update

Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been a long time Adobe fan. I have been a professional photographer and photojournalist for many years and I currently own a graphic design company. As a long-time Cloud subscriber, I have always been okay with the changes and updates Adobe has put in place. However, the latest Camera RAW update is absolutely terrible. The drop-down tabs require me to scroll down thus slowing my workflow, the layout is counterintuitive, everything is renamed, moved and regrouped, and it looks like a cheap 1980's Atari video game. I, my colleagues, and my staff, absolutely hate it. I have always relied on Adobe Bridge, RAW, and Photoshop for my workflow as I never liked Lightroom. I understand the new RAW is more like Lightroom, but I never liked Lightroom. I have to say, for the first time in 10 years, I am considering dropping the Adobe Cloud from all my business and personal computers. Please Adobe, I beg you, for the love of God, give the old RAW UI back to us.

Topics

Download and install, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too dislike LR. However, after using the new UI for a while, I found easier and faster to use. For the issue of scrolling down so much set the tab expansion in the preferences to single. That drove me nuts also. The curves are much improved in that you don't have to use dropdown boxes to change the channels. You can set the localized tools to either be zeroed of remember the last settings - check box at the bottom of the panel. 

I think that after you used it for a bit, you will find it better than the old UI.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Canot find a good camera to give support of my work on the best way I do instead of that thing I have been saw last time https://canoesurfer.net/fishing-license-at-walmart/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Genau so geht es mir! Ich habe mich einen Vormittag lang mit dem neuen RAW Converter gequält und ebenfalls über eine andere Software nachgedacht. Jetzt habe ich die neueste Photoshop Version durch eine ältere ersetzt und eine ältere Version vom RAW Converter heruntergeladen und installiert.

Den neuen RAW Converter finde ich unübersichtlich und unpraktisch, die Nähe zu Lightroom ist für mich absolut uninteressant.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do we uninstall these updates? I have lost use of Camera Raw entirely and need to get on with things.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do we uninstall these updates?

Installers can be found here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html#12_x

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. On top of the uncomfortable UI, cropping is working extremly slow now. I want to downgrade back to 12.2. Where can i download v12.2 from?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

me too.If i want UI like LR I should use LR.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines