• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2019 Captivate Software Training Project Template Suggestion?

Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi-

I'm about to embark on creating a asynchronous learning module for training hospital staff on an new software application. I searched the project assets but none of the templates struck a cord with me. I'm going to be using a numerous MS Word Screen clippings.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Mark

TOPICS
Download assets , Getting started , Project upgrade

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You posted that same question on the eLearning community, and I gave an extensive answer hours ago. No reaction from your side however. Here is the link:

Captivate Template for Teaching a New Software Application - eLearning (adobe.com)

What have MS Word clippings to do with software training, complete enigma to me. 

Captivate offers the possibility to create software simulations in 3 modes: Demo, Training, Assessment. I would never use the Demo mode, but replace that by the Video Demo recording included also with Captivate. But both Training and Assessment allow you to create interactive training. A Video Demo can also be enhanced with limited interactivity to have an interactive instead of a passive video. 

After two decades of creating eLearning, can assure you that I have never used any MS Word clipping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link.

FYI,,,,

My group of SME's has requested I use MS Word Clippings in the module; so
( I'm not sure about you) but when my clients insist on using a particular
tool, I comply with their wishes; especially after I offer alternative
solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What do you mean by MS Word clippings? You could get in a lot of troubles in Captivate! 
I talk a lot with my clients, since I am the consultant, expert in Captivate and in eLearning. If they try to enforce tools or rules which are bumping on that, I simply say no to the job offer.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources