• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2019 Interactive Video Controls

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI!  I have an Interactive Video but am not able to get a play bar on the video.  I don't want the course to have a skin for all slides, I have custom built navigation buttons on all slides.

Does anyone know if you can insert a play bar just for the video?  I am assuming it will take some java? Does anyone have a code for this?

Interactive video does not have the same options available like the regular video insert.

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Video can be inserted as event video or as slide video. Each slide video automatically get the layers which also appear when you use Interactive video, which is very confusing. If you don't use the interactive video features it remains a passive slide video.

This means the difference is in the type of video. Event video plays totally independent of Captivate's timeline, and for that reason gets its control panel with buttons. That is NOT the case for Slide video, which is synchronized with Captivate's timeline and can be controlled by Captivate. You can add a pause button, you can add a menu navigating to bookmarks etc. It is also the reason why you can add CC to such a slide video which is impossible for an Event video.

There is no slide playbar feature in Captivate, only a total project playbar. Although you could turn it on for the video slide, I suspect this is not what you want. In the eLearning community there is a described workflow to create such a progress bar somewhere, using a motion effect and advanced actions. But it will never replicate all features of a progress bar.

I think you mean JavaScript? Possibly, but you'll have to wait for a JS expert, I only use it when CP's features fail for me. 

Have a look at this example of an interactive video, with a menu allowing to jump to chapters in the video.  Would this be a possible alternative?

Custom Play/Pause button

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources