• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

About the numbers displayed in the playback bar of an interactive video

Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interactive video was created using Adobe Captivate 2019 and published as HTML5.
If you hover the mouse pointer over the playback bar of the published interactive video, you will see something like a slide number, as shown in the image.
How can I prevent this slide number thingy from being displayed?
Perhaps it is possible by editing the js file, but I am not familiar with JavaScript, so I didn't know.
This text is using a translator and may be a difficult question to understand, but I would appreciate an answer.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

People's Champ , Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

If you execute this JavaScript onSledieEnter of the 1st slide it will remove the slider thumb. If you are using bookmarking it will need to be on every slide.

var elem = document.getElementById("playbarSliderThumb");
elem.outerHTML = "";

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translators can be tricky.

I suspect you are not talking about 'Interactive video' in the meaning it has in Captivate: that is a video on one slide which has bookmarks and overlay slides.

You probably have a cptx project which is publiahed to HTML5? Do you have 14 slides in the project?

Personally I never use a default playbar for many resaons: it is confusing when the project has branching, it allows the learner to scrub the progress bar and just skip over a lot, even preventing actions to be done by scrubbing over events. You could simply take out that progress bar using the settings under Project, Skin Editor.  Do you really want to offer that scrubbing possibility? If you want to allow free navigation an overlay Table of Content could be a better alternative. It allows navigation to slides, and you can limit the free navigation to only Visited slides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are 14 slides in the ctx project, 7 of which will be question slides that will be overlaid.
I am new to items such as Skin Editor and Table of Content.
The Table of Content looks useful and I would like to utilize it.
Thank you very much for your answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way I know how to do this is to not display the slider thumb.

You can remove the title attribute from the thumb, but the attribute still exists in the outerHTML of the element which is all but impossible to change since it is a string and is always changing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I searched the published file with thumb and found a few descriptions that looked like that, but the contents are too complicated for a beginner to know which description to delete....
It seems difficult to delete slide numbers that appear on mouse hover.
Thank you for your answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason for the "difficulty" is that the text that appears in the tip text is probably being generated by JavaScript code as the content moves from slide to slide.  So, it's "dynamic text" rather than "static text".  In order to get rid of it you would need to isolate the code that is generating the text and change something there.

But if someone like Dave at TLC Design wasn't able to get rid of it, then it MUST be really hard.  He's a bit of a legend when it comes to Captivate Javascript hacking skills.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isolating and changing the code ... it's not something a beginner could possibly do.
Even such an amazing person would find it difficult, so I give up.
Thank you for your supplementary explanation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The question I would have is: Why do you feel it is not a good idea to have this tooltip?  It actually provides very useful information to the training participant.  Just looking at the horizontal scrub bar doesn't tell you which slide you are currently looking at.  But all you have to do is place your mouse cursor over the top of the sliding handle and the tooltip appears to tell you this is currently slide X of Y total number of slides.  It's actually very useful.  So I would not feel too bad about not being able to easily remove it.  Unless you have heard lots of complaints from course participants who can provide valid reasons why it is a problem, just leave it there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not in itself a bad thing that slide numbers are displayed.
In the first attached image, the total number of slides is 14, and 7 of them are quiz slides that are overlaid.
So, for my part, I prefer the notation X/7.
I thought it would be difficult to change the 14 to 7 and wanted to remove the tooltip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You talk about 'overlaid' quiz slides, which would point at an interactive video but I suspect (as I mentioned before) that this is a translation problem.

If those are real quiz slides, there is even more reasons to plead for taking out the scrub bar, because it will prevent that learners end up on a frozen quiz slide. For that same reason I repeat (sorry) my proposal to opt for an overlay TOC, because you can take out the quiz slides to appear in that TOC completely. Alternative would be to activate the option 'Hide Playbar in Quiz' in the Quiz Preferences, but that will not solve your issue with the tooltip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you execute this JavaScript onSledieEnter of the 1st slide it will remove the slider thumb. If you are using bookmarking it will need to be on every slide.

var elem = document.getElementById("playbarSliderThumb");
elem.outerHTML = "";

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Removing the slider knob now makes the tooltip disappear!
It's also great that the slider knob is gone, but the ability to navigate to any part of the video you want is retained!
It really helped. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources