Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acentuação em Português (Brasil) no xAPI

New Here ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Olá Pessoal, 

Estou precisando de ajuda. Ao usar o Adobe Captivate e criar um conteúdo de simulado com várias perguntas, a pergunta com acentos em português e as respostas marcadas não são enviadas corretamente para o LMS (Learning Management System). Testei o conteúdo no site SCORM Cloud e dá o mesmo problema, cheguei a achar que era o LRS (Learning Record System) que está usando, mas não é.

O problema está no package criado pelo Adobe Captivate.

Novamente, o problema não está no LRS ou no LMS utilizados. Testei o mesmo ZIP (package) gerado e carregado nessas plataformas pelo Adobe Captivate no Scorm Cloud e o erro persiste, mostrando que é o arquivo gerado que contém algum erro.

Agradeço antecipadamente. Abraços,

Capturar.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which font are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lilybiri,

In the question Arial, Regular, 20. And in the options os answers, Arial, Regular, 18. 

Others slides using Trebuchet MS, Regular, 20, but the problem is with the questions and answers.

Any idea? regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both fonts are websafe, that is great. But it means the problem origin is elsewhere.

There are problems with combination characters in some features of Captivate (learning interactions are typical) but I never had the issue with text containers in quiz slides. Although I never had to use Portuguese, my native language (Dutch) and French never showed that problem. How did you create the questions/answers? Did you use GIFT or CSV import? I suppose Portuguese is fully installed, including the keyboard, and maybe you have changed Spelling default to it as well in Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lilybiri,

1) The keyboard and language are installed in my computer - Portuguese, Spanish and English. The layout of keyboard is specific to Brazil, it is called ABNT2 because of "ç".

2) We have create the pool of questions using the CSV importer that Adobe Captivate offers. The same spreadsheet in Excel.

3) In Captivate I changed to Portuguese the spalling, in the preferences. Is there others places to change it?

Thank you in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is rather weird, I am just guessing at possible causes. Always a problem when you cannot reproduce the issues. I prefer to use GIFT import, just because I had some problems localising when using the CSV workflow in Captivate (see link below). Is it possible to try out a few questions with GIFT import? 

http://blog.lilybiri.com/tips-to-localize-a-quiz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know the GIFT way to import. Is it a code file with .txt extension? That's it?

So, in your opinion the CSV import should be the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not misunderstand me, I am just looking for possibilities. The only thing which is different between your and my workflow when using a more complicated language than English is the import workflow. It could be the culprit, but I am not sure at all. GIFT import is based on a structured text import, which has been developed by Moodle. 

Use this link to download one of my GIFT files.  Try to translate one or more questions and test the import out:

QuestionsGIFT

It is a file stored in Creative Cloud. Hope you believe me when I tell that it is safe to download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lilybiri, I really appreciate your support, time and attention. I am trying to understand the issue too.

I will check this feature to import GIFT. Another strategy maybe is to create a little version of a pool, one using CSV, a second using GIFT and, another one typing the same questions (a small set of) in another file. Publish them and test the LMS/LRS responses. Thank you about the GIFT file.

Another possibility to this issue, I guess, could be the template I have used to build my presentation with a pool of question. But, I used one offered by the Captivate too. Do you guess that the template used to build it could generate this kind of a problem?

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Due to language differences, it is not always easy to understand and help. Captivate never offered templates, but I thinkyou mean a theme? Which theme did you use? Which language version of Captivate? Did you translate the Default labels under Quiz Preferences? Do you also have issues with combi-characters for those labels?

Your proposal for testing is fine, sort of extension to what I wanted to test: is the CSV workflow not suited for other than English languages, or is the Excel template (created in an English version) the culprit?

You can use a GIFT file to create a question pool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was the Aspire project, but I am not sure... it was on February. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK! That is important missing information. You talk about one of the Quick Start Projects from the Assets library, my gut feeling made me suspect that. Did you use the full project or did you take out some quiz slides? Can you specify which quiz slides?  I know about issues with using those quiz slides, have written several blogs about using slides from the QSPs. Here is one link, but have to confess that I never explored possible issues with using quiz slides in another language:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/quiz-slash-score-slides-in-quick-start-projects-part-1-non-responsive-proje...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lilybiri, I use a fell slides, not the all the project. Probably, the pool / questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aspire has 3 MCQ slides. I just tried them out, entered some text in Dutch, French and Spanish and it looks fine in Preview. I used words like 'meeëter' (trema), 'héél' (accents), 'français' and 'mañana'.  This was typed, not imported. I will be waiting for the results of your tests. It is hard when I cannot reproduce the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri,

I was waiting for the Adobe Support answer me, before try to build differents versions of the material (.CSV; GIFT; and without a theme / project Aspire from the assets library. It just becose of I'm busy.

Unhapply, I just received an email from them tell me that is an issue from my LMS / LRS, but it is not true because the same error occur in differents LMS / LRS platforms, incluing SCORM CLOUD. So, I reply and will wait a little bit more. I guess the issue is on Aspire.

Thank you in advance. Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since I am just a user, I tried to help you and double-checked using GIFT import and typing in text in the MCQ slides of Aspire. That worked great, I never had any problems with the combi-characters and I am using an AZERTY keyboard, Belgian style which has a lot of those characters.

Why do you now say that it is due to Aspire? Why not try out my suggestions?  You are correct that it cannot be due to the LMS since it also happened for you in SCORM Cloud. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources