Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add markers in timeline

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
I thought there was possible to add markers in the time line in Captivate 2019. 
That you could add a marker and then put a action script to a button to jump to that marker.
Is this not an option in 2019?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bookmarks - which is the official term - can only be added to interactive video slides. Have a look at:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/interactive-video-navigation-bookmarks

On other slide you can use micro-navigationn to go to a specific frame, but you cannot add 'markers'.

http://blog.lilybiri.com/micro-navigation-introduction

BTW CP2019 has two main releases: 11.0 and 11.5. It is better to check the version you have when posting a question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the cpCmndGotoFrame now and its by far one of the most useless and out dated functions i've seen in a program. For beeing an adobe product this is so weird. They use timeline marker in premier wich is amazing. why not do the same here.

Use cpCmndGotoFrame through the whole project then we need to do an update and wopps. The whole timeline is messed up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Premiere Pro has only one goal; passive video.

The situation is totally different when you work with fully interactive tutorials.  I agree it would be easier with markers, but wonder what will happen when you add branching, partially completed slides, forcing views etc... It is a lot more complicated than in a pure video application. Embedded animations, video, audio needs to remain synchronized. 

cpCmndGotoFrame and cpCmndGotoFrameAndResume are very useful in my mind, but I will never use it in an absolute way, only to move the play head relative to a frame for which I have stored the frame number. Typical: the frame at the start of a slide. I don't think you have tried that workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources