Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding Clickable Audio to Quiz

Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I'd like to add clickable audio to a quiz slide but I can't seem to add any interactions. 

The slide displays an image and caption, I'd like to be able to add an audio button which narrates the caption. I thought I'd cracked it when I added the audio in MPP and then created the Captivate file from MPP. However, I can't find a way to add quiz questions to existing slides. 

Can anybody help with a solution?

TIA

P.S. I've tried adding audio to the slide but it plays automatically, which isn't suitable. 

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

You didn't use the action 'Play Audio' in that case to the Success event of the button, but probably attached the audio to the button. Please read carefully what I wrote. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can add interactive buttons of the new generation to a quiz slide: shape buttons, SVG/Bitmap image used as button. You cannot add the older types.

Careful with the pausing points of the buttons, maybe use them without pausing point so that you don't mess up with the automatic pause of the quiz slide.

You can use those buttons with the command Play Audio. If you use it as a simple action be sure to deactivate 'Continue playing the project'.

Maybe this blog post can help as well:

Audio answers in a MCQ slide - eLearning (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to add a shape button but it played automatically. There was no option to play/pause it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't use the action 'Play Audio' in that case to the Success event of the button, but probably attached the audio to the button. Please read carefully what I wrote. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhh! I see, sorry I misunderstood. It works perfectly now, thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also new to Adobe Captivate. I like adding audio to slides and pages for students who benefit from having things read aloud, but don't want it to be automated for students who do not want/need that. This is a really good question and I hope you get an answer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you read my answer? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources