Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Captivate 2019 very slow

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

am trying to develop simulations and interactive slides, but either the new version slows down or hanged. Am using Mac it has ample space to accommodate captivate files. Any remedy?

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have sent you a Private message . Please provide the requested details, so that we can connect and check the issue further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2019 Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue and would love help. The support number says 10 minutes on hold and then 2 hours later, nothing still.  I'm very aggravated about the cost and how I can't even really use this to make anything!  I am running on a Macbook Pro i7 late 2018 model with 16 GB or RAM.  I closed EVERYTHING except Captivate and it's still not working very well when I am writing text or trying to play a video in the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2019 Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've talked to Adobe Support about this several times and the only solution they came up with was "lower the resolution of your iMac" which is absolutely impractical!

So the "solution" that works for me right now is:

- Go to the "programs" folder

- open the "Adobe Captivate 2019" folder

- right click on the Adobe Captivate app

- select "run in low resolution"

However this is just a workaround and doesn't change the fact that Adobe really needs to adress this issue. I mean it's 2019 and there are still apps that don't run on 4K?

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Scott+Azar  wrote

I'm very aggravated about the cost and how I can't even really use this to make anything!

I spent $350+ on a full-year Captivate subscription and didn't use it for a single project due to the horrific performance.

I use Captivate (Windows) at work, but I'll not spend another personal dime on Captivate for side work until they fix the travesty that is the Mac app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jup, same here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check the exact version number? Most recent version is 11.0.1.266. The patch fixed several Mac issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, no. The MAC patch 11.0.0.266 has not addressed the crappy speed issue with CP 2019.

The effect is SO bad that for every character I type, I have to wait 5-6 seconds for it to show up. When clicking and dragging, I have to click my mouse, hold it there for 4-5 seconds and then drag or the selection marquee wont show up at all. It's not the computer, because I also use Photoshop, After Effects, Premier, Illustrator, InDesign and Audition ALL with no ill effects whatsoever.

As such, I feel that this is clearly an issue with Captivate and not the computer I am using it on? This is extremely frustrating and has increased my development time and slowed me down by a lot. This was not a problem for me when using CP 6, 7, 8, 9 or 10 so why now? hmmmmm ?

Adobe, PLEASE address and fix this known issue for users! (searching online it appears to be a common issue with Captivate).

E.g.

"I’ve just started using Captivate 2019 and it is running incredibly slow!" - https://www.elearninglearning.com/?query=Captivate%202019%20and%20it%20is%20running%20incredibly%20s...

"Why does Adobe Captivate 2017 run so slow on my iMac?" - Why does Adobe Captivate 2017 run so slow on my iMac?

"Captivate 2019 Running Slow" - https://elearningfeeds.com/captivate-2019-running-slow/

And this is just a FEW!

P.S. I have already cleared the cache (numerous times) and changed the path for the Project Cache to a local folder, nothing helped. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with you, This has been an issue with most MAC users. The development team need to intervene on this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and, I also am running Captivate on a Mac,

specifically a 2015 model 27 inch iMac

Processor = 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory = 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

Graphics = MD Radeon R9 M390 2048 MB

Much thanks, all...I love Adobe products but Captivate 2019 needs a FIX/PATCH/UPDATE for Mac users, and pronto!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do wish I had known about this issue before purchasing the software. I do not own a PC and also absolutely cannot afford Storyline 3 as it's over $1,200.00 for a one user license. HOWEVER, I am in complete agreement with all others here re: Captivate...I am THANKFUL to say that other Adobe products like Photoshop, Premiere, and Illustrator run a a very brisk speed but Captivate has the same very slow reaction time that others are describing.

HOW SOON can some kind of fix or patch be created?  I am trying to complete an eLearning project as my MA Thesis for Cal Poly Pomona, and I now have to wonder if I'm going to finish this in time...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issue on my Mac. I am running macOS Mojave on an iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015) with 32GB of ram, 3.3 Ghz Intel Core i5.

Captivate feels lethargic and slow. Typing, moving or resizing objects is a pain. I recently started my subscription to the latest version of Captivate. I don't remember Captivate having this poor performance in the past.

Adobe, please do something about this issue.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess this still hasn't been addressed yet, seeing as how I have the same issue. My 2017 Version ran fine, but the 2019 version is EEEEEXXXXTTTTRREEMLY SLOW!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2019 Feb 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing happens to me, I have 3 Mac computers. One 2011 Pro, and it works correctly, with a late 2015 and a Macbook 2019, it's very slow. Deeben solve this already, if you know something I appreciate sharing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2019 Feb 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is very strange that lot of Mac users do not have this problem. To me that means that it is not in the first place Captivate which is the culprit. The first evangelist who present everywhere, dr. Pooja Jaisingh, is using a Mac, and never did see the slowness. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem on a Windows but my colleague sitting next to me is not. Everything about the computers is identical.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also installed software and fonts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't happen to have turned on the Branching View dialog do you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that is not a tool I use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There has to be SOME difference between either the two computers or the way that you are using them.

Try having your colleague log onto your computer with his profile and see whether Captivate performs better for him.  The issue can sometimes be related to a corrupted user profile or not launching Captivate with Run As Administrator privileges.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RodWard thank for you taking to time to answer. Unlike some in this forum, you can always be counted on to help without snarky comments.

My co-worker was having the same problem until he cleared the cache on his machine. From then on, Captivate has worked as promised. I did the same and no difference. I created a shortcut to Run As Admin and that seems to help a little.

I understand your point that there has to be something different but they are clones: identical laptops that arrived the same day with identical installs on them.

It's weird that several of us are experiencing the same issue but for no obvious reason.

THANKS again for your help. I will open a ticket with Adobe to see if they can help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gil,

Could you please take a screenshot of your Captivate Default Folder locations and show us what you see?  You can find this screen at Edit > Preferences > Global Preferences: General Settings.

Are the Publish At and Project Cache locations pointing to folders on your computer C drive?

Is your company using Roaming User Profiles or have all User Profiles stored on LAN servers rather than being on the user's local hard drive?

These issues can also cause slowness (as well as project file corruption).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RodWard​ I am attaching mine as well.

Screen Shot 2019-02-19 at 11.51.45 AM.png

My profile is stored on my computer as far as I know. I have the creative cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do all work locally and our profiles are local.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried watching the Task Manager while Captivate is operating to see if there is anything that appears to be hogging the resources?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources